User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip to Alaska

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trip to Alaska

I've always wanted to drive to Alaska, not necessarily to the Anchorage area, but further south like Glacier Bay or so. I've taken a cruise on the inside passage....just like to drive it sometime.
    Not going to for a while, just future idea.

Thoughts from ones that have done it, considered it, said "Hell no".

Thanks

Ray
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've seriously considered it, read up on it, sat in on a lecture once. But it comes down to reliable information on the condition of the Alaskan Highway thru Canada. Ultimately we think "no" not going to attempt it. There are caravans that do all the organizing for you, that would have probably been our choice. Good luck going forward.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    We've seriously considered it, read up on it, sat in on a lecture once. But it comes down to reliable information on the condition of the Alaskan Highway thru Canada. Ultimately we think "no" not going to attempt it. There are caravans that do all the organizing for you, that would have probably been our choice. Good luck going forward.
    We are hoping to caravan to Alaska summer of 2024. We like the idea of traveling in a group, leaving the planning and reservations to a pro, etc.. We’ve looked at several caravan outfits on the internet and read some reviews. I’d be very interested to hear from anyone here who can personally recommend a particular caravan.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Hmmmmmm Tom, maybe not such a good idea then. I research a lot, sounds like you have also since you have found out more than I have.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Clay View Post
    We are hoping to caravan to Alaska summer of 2024. We like the idea of traveling in a group, leaving the planning and reservations to a pro, etc.. We’ve looked at several caravan outfits on the internet and read some reviews. I’d be very interested to hear from anyone here who can personally recommend a particular caravan.
    I think that would be the only way to go.....caravans....didn't know that was a thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol......you might have to come thru Wichita on your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Lol......you might have to come thru Wichita on your way.
    Just up the road from us. We’ll honk on the way through town.
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just up the road from us. We’ll honk on the way through town.
    Might go.....any room?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Might go.....any room?
    Sure! I’m retired Army and therefore accustomed to hot cotting but I thought you AF guys required luxury accommodations.
    Diane and Mike

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure! I’m retired Army and therefore accustomed to hot cotting but I thought you AF guys required luxury accommodations.
    I was 6 years Army....gunner/crewchief of Hueys, slept many a night in chopper.....THEN got smart and moved to AF.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast