User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Called Grand Design this AM. 310Gk-R Build is finished and waiting transport. Trees coming down today so I can get it in my driveway.
    For those interested, GD provided me with the placard numbers and the pin weight which I didn't think they measured.
    Weight - 13,114
    GVWR - 18,000
    Pin - 2,632

I expected the weight to be heavier due to the options we added (dual pane, Gen, solar, heat pump, 8K axles, slide toppers) but was surprised at the Pin weight being that low. Should see it in about a week or two. My goal is to have a look the day it is delivered to see how it survived the transport from Elkhart.
    Good to hear done and ready to be shipped! Hopefully will not be transported over salty roads. If so, a good wash hopefully by dealer will be done underneath as well as exterior.

GDRV used to provide (I think they still do) a document like I attached for our 303 with not only the weights you mentioned but others specific to the coach.

Dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170216_080452.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	38080
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Good to hear done and ready to be shipped! Hopefully will not be transported over salty roads. If so, a good wash hopefully by dealer will be done underneath as well as exterior.

GDRV used to provide (I think they still do) a document like I attached for our 303 with not only the weights you mentioned but others specific to the coach.

Dan
    I'll look for the document which I find very informative. Interesting difference in weight between left and right.
    Pretty good chance of salted roads so we'll see. We did look at a 346FLS last time we were there - it had just been disconnected from the transport truck. Really clean and didn't see anything falling down. Was impressed.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll look for the document which I find very informative. Interesting difference in weight between left and right.
    Pretty good chance of salted roads so we'll see. We did look at a 346FLS last time we were there - it had just been disconnected from the transport truck. Really clean and didn't see anything falling down. Was impressed.
    There will be a packet with all the manuals for the trailer and components. My weight sheet was in there.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design requires their dealers to do the PDI. They get paid by GD to do it. If you don’t sign off on the PDI your dealer will not be paid for it by GD. You should not have to pay extra.

You should have to pay for installation of any type hitch you buy from the dealer.

Be sure to check the water system on city and fresh tank and make sure the dealer goes over the water heater bypass and winterization valves.

It is also a good idea to ask what DC power is still on with the Power Shut Off valve closed. There is usually still a small drain that could live you with a dead battery if you aren’t careful.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Grand Design requires their dealers to do the PDI. They get paid by GD to do it. If you don’t sign off on the PDI your dealer will not be paid for it by GD. You should not have to pay extra.

You should have to pay for installation of any type hitch you buy from the dealer.

Be sure to check the water system on city and fresh tank and make sure the dealer goes over the water heater bypass and winterization valves.

It is also a good idea to ask what DC power is still on with the Power Shut Off valve closed. There is usually still a small drain that could live you with a dead battery if you aren’t careful.
    I don't think there is an upcharge for the PDI - not on the final cost sheet. They are going to un-winterize it for PDI then winterize it again and I really want to be there for the whole process. Only hit would be if I didn't take their financing ($3K 'discount' if I do). We'll see what their numbers look like. They gave me a price on the Reese GooseBox with install and it was exorbitant. Since they are keeping the coach over the winter (snow today means I probably wouldn't be able to get it in my driveway anyway until spring), I'm not sure I would be able to do it on their lot and they want to order and install of course.
    @Canyonlight, @Wileykid Completely lost the bubble on the weight sheet when we went over Tuesday. I have the manual but completely forgot about the weight sheet. Can pick that up also.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is an upcharge for the PDI - not on the final cost sheet. They are going to un-winterize it for PDI then winterize it again and I really want to be there for the whole process. Only hit would be if I didn't take their financing ($3K 'discount' if I do). We'll see what their numbers look like. They gave me a price on the Reese GooseBox with install and it was exorbitant. Since they are keeping the coach over the winter (snow today means I probably wouldn't be able to get it in my driveway anyway until spring), I'm not sure I would be able to do it on their lot and they want to order and install of course.
    @Canyonlight, @Wileykid Completely lost the bubble on the weight sheet when we went over Tuesday. I have the manual but completely forgot about the weight sheet. Can pick that up also.
    Always an idea if you want to see the sheet earlier, is to have someone at the place take a picture and send it to you.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a 397TH in August 21 and was told by General RV it would be off line in mid December. General RV provided me with the stock # and VIN. After not hearing anything in December I called GD and was told it was now scheduled to be off line the week of January 10. We ordered FBP so once it's off line it still has an additional 3 to 5 weeks for paint and another week or two for transport. We will probably be looking at over 6 months from order to delivery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12