User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    Search here https://www.dieselplace.com/ Tons of info.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to the replies which are greatly appreciated. My update from earlier is that the internal fuel pump needs to be replaced. Assuming that is the fix, the next hurdle will be to procure one of those beauties for install. We shall see. Thank you again for the feedback. I have found this forum to be a great resource for learning, as well as solving those "RV encounters." Keep well!
    Jeff, Luann & Jenga
    Full Time since 10/2020
    2019 Reflection 337 2020 | Chevrolet Silverado HD 3500LTZ SRW
    Pullrite Superlite 20K | Zamp Solar, Battle Born Powered | Victron Controlled

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it figured out. Hope it is not too much $$$

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KollerKruizin906 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to the replies which are greatly appreciated. My update from earlier is that the internal fuel pump needs to be replaced. Assuming that is the fix, the next hurdle will be to procure one of those beauties for install. We shall see. Thank you again for the feedback. I have found this forum to be a great resource for learning, as well as solving those "RV encounters." Keep well!
    Thanks, for the update, Jeff. Trust with the Duramax warranty (5 years 100K ?) you should be covered with only 33K on your truck ?

A couple questions, how many fuel filter changes (and at what miles) have you had done ? And, apparently the dealer found nothing wrong with the fuel and/or DEF ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have onstar, I believe they can tell you what the check-engine code is right away.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is correct. I’ve gotten the codes before on my 2019 Duramax from Onstar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2020 Duramax is at the dealer waiting for a new DEF tank, it is the heater that went in mine. One morning I went out and was treated by an emission warning and I had 260km until limp mode. The truck has been in for 2 weeks so far, thankfully I have a loaner but its estimated I have a month wait.
    Kevin & Mary Lynn
    2020 Denali HD Diesel
    2021 Reflection 311BHS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same truck... But just recently read somewhere that it was rated as the worst truck for 2018-20 or maybe 19-21. Definite included 20 though.

In any event, I really like the truck still and I'm subscribed for further updates on your issue! Please share!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings! The truck is apparently ready to be picked up. The only service done was replacing the fuel pump. I inquired about testing the fuel and DEF several times but was advised that wasn’t the issue. Communication has been a challenge on this exercise and when there are very limited options you play the hand your dealt as well as possible. Aside from replacing the 7 pin connector early on, the truck has been great. We’ve towed the 5r over 34k miles in 18 months of being FT and the truck has a bit over 46k. She only had 120 when we bought her in March 2020. This repair was out of the 36k warranty, but the Car Shield plan I purchased 2 months ago covered it. I never thought I’d buy such a plan, but I got sucked in by the TV campaign and after a hour conversation with their sales rep I bit the bait. The agreement is month-to-month, no upfront lump payment and at a fixed $100/month it provides some peace of mind. After all, repairs on the trailer is one thing, but the truck is well beyond my skill set other than routine TLC, wiper blades and some filters. So far, I’ve kept true to oil changes every 5k and fuel filter replacement every 10k. Just had the transmission, differential and transfer case serviced at 43k which was slightly ahead of the recommended schedule. As for service, I’ve relied on Chevy dealerships around the country based on research, reviews and chats with the service techs at upcoming stops where we will be for a bit of time. If my gutt doesn’t like the vibe in the conversation I move on. Unfortunately, I didn’t have that luxury this time around. I’ll have a week to run the truck to make sure all is good before hitching up the rig to continue moving north up the Eastern coastline. I’m hopeful we’re good to go from here, and will provide a update. Keep well and be safe!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the update and glad to hear you've come out ahead on you're $100/mo so far! All the best to you guys on your travels!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recall

Quote Originally Posted by KollerKruizin906 View Post
    Greetings!

We are full-timers for the last 18 months and our 2020 Chevy 3500HD has been a champion towing our 337 over 33k miles during this time.

I thought I'd toss out our scenario for any and all feedback, insight which is greatly appreciated.

Enroute to our current stop in Savannah, GA, we had a dashboard indicator come on that said "Power Reduction" quickly followed by the truck jerking while going about 60 mph. The truck was running great before then. We had just partially refueled 10 gallons and added about 2 gallons of DEF. This all started after going over a slightly bumpy highway transition which caused a little bounce, but nothing remarkable at all. In the course of driving 5 miles, the truck caveated a few more times which reminded me of a car running out of fuel.

The Check Engine light came on. Once parked and the truck was idling, there was a loud siren like sound coming from underneath the rear of the truck while running. The noise sounded very much like a ambulance siren with a consistent pitch. I restarted the truck after sitting for an hour. The check engine light was still on, but the siren noise wasn't present. I'm having the truck towed to a Chevy dealership for a code read and evaluation. Between trailer and truck, I can say my full-time retirement job has been learning, learning, learning.

Keep well and thank you for any feedback!
    There is a recall on the DEF tank. Had ours replaced after waiting 3 weeks for the new tank and DEF module

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast