User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace heats cabinet: very hot!

Should the cabinet the furnace sits in become hot enough to cause burns to skin if skin touches it longer than a few seconds? It hasn't burned me yet, but it would if let my skin touch longer. As I sit on the theater seating right next to the furnace sometimes my arm leans into the luon panel and I'm shocked by how hot it is while the furnace is running. I haven't checked the temperature with a laser thermometer but I will tonight.

I live in a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. I bought it used. I've only lived in it about a week now.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no it shouldn't. I'm not familiar with your camper but it might be that one or more of the furnace ducts are not connected and the warm air isn't moving out to the trailer. You'll get better suggestions in a bit as others see your thread.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    no it shouldn't. I'm not familiar with your camper but it might be that one or more of the furnace ducts are not connected and the warm air isn't moving out to the trailer. You'll get better suggestions in a bit as others see your thread.
    X2. Agree with @TNFSolitude. That is the most likely reason, or it is not exhausting properly.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with everything above - and add that you need to have it inspected immediately. It could be a fire hazard if it's as hot as you say.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I x4 with what has been mentioned.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    X2. Agree with @TNFSolitude. That is the most likely reason, or it is not exhausting properly.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I would agree with everything above - and add that you need to have it inspected immediately. It could be a fire hazard if it's as hot as you say.

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I x4 with what has been mentioned.

I just moved the theater sofa and saw there is a panel with screws to access the furnace. I removed the panel and checked the ducting. There is no open duct. I see four vents connected to the furnace. It matches the four ducts in the camper. One under the stove, one in that same cabinet, one in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom. I guess I'll just need to move the sofa away from the cabinet and not have anything sitting on top of the cabinet near the rear half where the furnace is located. I still need to get my laser thermometer out of storage to check it, but thankfully as the weather is heating up where I live, I can get by with using the electric fireplace instead of needing the furnace.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now check to ensure it is exhausting properly. Look outside where it vents to make sure no blockages exist on that exhaust port. Mud Daubers love rv heater exhaust. Glad you found the access to the heater. It could also be a situation of not enough venting where the heater unit is located.

After verification of clear exhaust, maybe a well places screen to allow some air to flow in the cavity of the heater?

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all 4 vents inside the camper venting? Can you feel a good air flow? It could be that they are pinch and restricting air flow. It's not uncommon.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    Now check to ensure it is exhausting properly. Look outside where it vents to make sure no blockages exist on that exhaust port. Mud Daubers love rv heater exhaust. Glad you found the access to the heater. It could also be a situation of not enough venting where the heater unit is located.

After verification of clear exhaust, maybe a well places screen to allow some air to flow in the cavity of the heater?

Bill
    Yes, it's exhausting properly. There are no blockages at the outside vent holes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Are all 4 vents inside the camper venting? Can you feel a good air flow? It could be that they are pinch and restricting air flow. It's not uncommon.

All vents inside have strong airflow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast