User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    My original build date was 3/9. It is now the week of Jun 6. I have had a VIN since January. I did (and still do) have the assisted steering, bed liner, 5th wheel prep, ultimate package, etc. (it's loaded). My dealer says it will get built. We'll see......
    Yep just hang in there - then wait on shipping - took 4 weeks to get to me.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I got the BedRug impact bed mat installed today. Fit is OK but I need to somehow fill the edge gaps - up to 1/2" wide, Thinking black foam GD used or black silicone. Thoughts?

Here is a picture of the finished install. Write up is elsewhere.

Tomorrow the first fitting of the B&W hitch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0807s.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    All I can say is OMG!!!

Lots to learn as this is my first truck with all of the electronics.
    You will love it. I have the 2019 platinum and it is an unbelievable truck. Power is not a problem. Looks as if you got long bed with the 48 gal tank. You will love that!
    2021 GD solitude 310GK. Cooper roadmaster tires 17.5” w/ washer/dryer. Carry Honda 2200 for those emergencies. 2019 F250 Platinum longbed 6.7L,w/ ultimate tow pkg and airbags, 3.55 gear ratio, 48 gal.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got the BedRug impact bed mat installed today. Fit is OK but I need to somehow fill the edge gaps - up to 1/2" wide, Thinking black foam GD used or black silicone. Thoughts?

Here is a picture of the finished install. Write up is elsewhere.

Tomorrow the first fitting of the B&W hitch.
    I used black silicone on mine. I sealed all the seams to keep the dust out from those dirt/gravel roads out west. I also used some insulation to seal around the tailgate too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I used black silicone on mine. I sealed all the seams to keep the dust out from those dirt/gravel roads out west. I also used some insulation to seal around the tailgate too.
    Larry If I may ask what brand of silicone did you use. All I have around here is the GD window and door sealant that HD carries

Thanks
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Larry If I may ask what brand of silicone did you use. All I have around here is the GD window and door sealant that HD carries

Thanks
    Keith
    @powerscol
    I used LocTite Pro Line Polyurethane. I’m not home or I’d check but I think it was for outside doors and windows. Black, of course. And I put down a thick bead. I suppose silicone would work but lately I seem to be favoring non-silicone sealers; they don’t remain so sticky.
    Larry KE4DMG

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems as if the new trucks, especially the 4 wheel drive models, are a lot taller. Does this present any issues at the bed rails with 5th wheel trailers? As in making it hard to keep the trailer level?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    It seems as if the new trucks, especially the 4 wheel drive models, are a lot taller. Does this present any issues at the bed rails with 5th wheel trailers? As in making it hard to keep the trailer level?
    I can only speak for Fords. Yes. The 2017's to 2019's got really tall. To exaggerate matters Ford made the whole bed taller too. I think it was the 2020 model year when they (supposedly) lowered the truck 2".
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    @traveldawg

I will know here this week sometime when I get my new B&W 25K companion installed in my new 2022 F350 4x4 and back into the trailer for the first time. It looks like the rear suspension is softer and is supposed to squat 3" - we shall see.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @traveldawg

I will know here this week sometime when I get my new B&W 25K companion installed in my new 2022 F350 4x4 and back into the trailer for the first time. It looks like the rear suspension is softer and is supposed to squat 3" - we shall see.
    I was on my overload springs, and that was the reason I put the black SumoSprings on the truck, both front and rear.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast