User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Leveling System and Schwintec Slide Memory?

Just added a battery disconnect switch to our Solitude. It"s got me thinking about the auto leveling and Schwintec slide. Could be wrong but I would think that they both have an electronic memory to retain the locations to auto level and run the slide in and out. If you disconnect all power from them how long will they retain the memory? Is there any reason they would need to have power kept to them?
    2020 Solitude 2930RL
    2021 GMC Denali 3500HD Standard Bed
    B&W RVK3710 Hitch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Just added a battery disconnect switch to our Solitude. It"s got me thinking about the auto leveling and Schwintec slide. Could be wrong but I would think that they both have an electronic memory to retain the locations to auto level and run the slide in and out. If you disconnect all power from them how long will they retain the memory? Is there any reason they would need to have power kept to them?
    Pretty sure the leveler needs power to retain its memory. The slides should be fine.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store my rig 23 miles away. After my fall trip I remove and bring my battery back home and put on a trickle charger. Install the battery the following April to go on our annual 2 month spring trip. Leveling system and Schwintec systems work as normal after no power for 6 months or so. This after the two winters I've owned the Reflection.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastn View Post
    Leveling system and Schwintec systems work as normal after no power for 6 months or so.
    How do you store your 5er? I've heard reports of some who have had to reset the zero point after a dead battery.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    I disconnect my battery every time I put the trailer into storage. Trailer in sig below. On our trailer (hydraulic jacks), the LevelUp system keeps the zero point (level calibration) with the battery (completely) disconnected. However, it looses the "hitch height" reference when the power is disconnected. For the Schwintek slide, I always "resync" it (if in - push and hold "in" for a few seconds) first thing every time I reconnect power. Otherwise I get an error message on the controller. I have never had a problem when doing this.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023