User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    As an FYI, The tension should be set by adding or subtracting washers in the hitch head. each washer equals about one chain link. One spec to keep in mind, is you need at LEAST 6 chain links uner tension. This is to allow proper hitch movement when turning. Once you
    have it setup, you can add or subtract a link or two to account for loading differences, keeping in mind the minimum links under tension. The downside to setting it up with the max links under tension is that it reduces ground clearance. From what you wrote, you may be fine at this point. ( though I prefer 7 links under tension) I just wanted to clear up any misconceptions about the right way to setup a WDH.
    Thanks. The Blue Ox WDH hitch head does not have the option of adding or subtracting washers. I did some research and found a hitch that does but not mine. Am I missing something?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your gonna stick with that truck, watch your payload...and another vote for the Pro Pride.
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123