User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is that, if you have more bedrail clearance at the front than the back, the trailer is nose-high. That's the problem with late-model 4WD trucks - and it increases the height at the front of the trailer. I wouldn't want less than 6" bedrail clearance, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought you might be interested in my response from RVTW on the clearance issue I-95 Maine:

John,

I finally got back to the Low Clearances on the Maine Tpk. I have no idea when or how they were removed but the Truckers Atlas does not show any low bridges.

Maine DOT requires signage if the LC is below 14' 6". I have requested their removal.

Sue - RV LIFE Trip Wizard/RV LIFE Pro App Support Team"
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thought you might be interested in my response from RVTW on the clearance issue I-95 Maine:

John,

I finally got back to the Low Clearances on the Maine Tpk. I have no idea when or how they were removed but the Truckers Atlas does not show any low bridges.

Maine DOT requires signage if the LC is below 14' 6". I have requested their removal.

Sue - RV LIFE Trip Wizard/RV LIFE Pro App Support Team"
    Interesting! Thanks!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hills23 View Post
    Planning a trip with RV Trip Wizard through Maine to Cape Cod and getting multiple Hazards of low bridge clearances on I95 in Maine for my 13.6 ft. high 5th wheel. I find this surprising and alarming. Has anybody done this trip with 5th wheeler and any issues.
    We live in Maine and travel I95 regularly. The signs say the bridge heights are 13’6” and they are actually 14’ or so. There is an over height sensor south of Augusta before you get to the West Gardner barrier toll. We are running 13’5 5/8” and we don’t have any issues. The lowest bridge is on I95 in South Portland. If you are truly 13’6” or less you will be fine. Tractor trailers clear this one bridge with no issues.

I would take I495 to the Cape and not take I93, staying out of downtown Boston.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planning a trip with RV Trip Wizard through Maine to Cape Cod and getting multiple Hazards of low bridge clearances on I95 in Maine for my 13.6 ft. high 5th wheel. I find this surprising and alarming. Has anybody done this trip with 5th wheeler and any issues.
    ANY interstate hwy in the US (red/white/blue “I” whatever sign) will meet federal specifications and will be high enough.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings7248 View Post
    I would take I495 to the Cape and not take I93, staying out of downtown Boston.
    Yeah, I think the tunnel on I93 through Boston doesn't allow propane.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Yeah, I think the tunnel on I93 through Boston doesn't allow propane.
    Yes and the traffic through the tunnel system is terrible with the Sumner construction and access to Logan backed up. You can also stay on 95 south which merges onto Rte 128 (inner beltway) and pick up Route 3 south of Boston. Saves about 30 miles but in traffic, probably about the same time.

Be advised that there is a lot of construction on 495 and the traffic backups at the Rte 3 and Lowell Connector is awful. More construction and ground up roads down to 290W to Worcester. Construction everywhere.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Most likely at OP’s height, they have a second AC. You’d be up in the 13’ range if yours had one. My 303 factory height is shorter than yours, but the second AC puts me at 13’ and a smidge hooked to my truck.
    Got to support a fellow 295RL owner . . . loaded up we are 12'9" tall at the bedroom AC unit and the rig is level with the truck.
    Bob & Belinda
    Part timers headed to full timing, based in Mansfield, TX
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL with Trailair Turning Point
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 High Country, 4x4, SRW, B&W Companion Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this and I will re-measure again today once we hitch-up. We took 12ft 6in from the manufacturer and added 12 in for the AC. Do you remember the height of your 337?
    That's the problem... you don't add 12" for the front AC unit. The original manufacturer listed height isn't taken from the roof itself it's taken from the top of the highest point on the roof which is the TV antenna. On my 2019 337RLS the second AC unit only adds 4" to the manufacturers listed vehicle height. Your height may vary slightly depending on your tow vehicle and suspension setup but I doubt it's anywhere close to 13'6" for a 337RLS.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    You are 12’4” from the factory without a second AC. That is an inch taller than a 303. With a front AC, you are almost certainly pushing 13’.
    The 12' 4" factory listed height is not taken from the roof itself it's taken from the top of the TV antenna. Adding a second AC unit to a 337RLS adds just over 4" to that height making the 337RLS under 12' 9" total height. Tow vehicle and suspension setup can vary it slightly.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast