User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've watched most if not all of their videos. While I think they do great work, it seems that the customer needs to return to them within a few months after the install and then yearly for them to inspect their work. I presume that failure to do that would void the warranty they provide. And while thats probably not an issue for those that live within a reasonable distance from Georgia, it would be too much of a burden travelling back there for most folks.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRoad View Post
    Looks like RV Roof Install works out of Georgia and you have to go them for install and annually for a roof check and if there are repairs needed. I'm in Colorado, near Denver, so that's too far."
    Looks like the closest Flex Armor dealers/installers to you are Adams, NE and a couple in OK (Elk City and OKC). Might be worth investigating.

https://rvroof.com/find-a-location/
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see doing the Rv-Armor or Flex-Armor is a popular option, for all the same reasons I was thinking. I appreciate the feedback.

Fsalmy, I looked at those locations for Flex Armor but they are still pretty far away and if there's ever an issue I'd have to take it back for repair or mods. Will call them tomorrow.

I talked with RV-Armor today and they're booking into next spring because their process is weather dependent and needs to be above 60 degrees. In many places, like Denver, they can't apply the roof in winter.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do what you believe is "right" and within budget.
    My Imagine (2019) roof was completely replaced in 2020 due to wind damage (65+ MPH Crosswinds for 3 hours) on the highways. The insurance and/or Grand Design estimate was $15K and the dealer managed for just over $12.5K. Fortunately, my insurance covered it.
    Last edited by marine6805; 08-03-2022 at 02:44 PM.
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see doing the Rv-Armor or Flex-Armor is a popular option, for all the same reasons I was thinking. I appreciate the feedback.

Fsalmy, I looked at those locations for Flex Armor but they are still pretty far away and if there's ever an issue I'd have to take it back for repair or mods. Will call them tomorrow.

I talked with RV-Armor today and they're booking into next spring because their process is weather dependent and needs to be above 60 degrees. In many places, like Denver, they can't apply the roof in winter.
    The FlexArmor guys in Kansas City are fantastic, had our roof done there recently. Unlikely you’d need to go back unless you wanted to attach something new to the roof down the line. Roof is really solid, easy to see why it has a lifetime warranty. Side benefits for us are reduced rain noise and better insulation. YMMV. Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cost not cheap. Had our 38.5' Cardinal 3550RL reroofed this last winter.
    The RV guy (not a dealer) I use removed everything, replaced a couple soft spots of the OSB. reskinned it with a 1/8" over the factory OSB, used Xtrm Ply PVC Roofing System by LaSalle Bristol.
    Sit down now, cost $9,000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Band1t View Post
    Cost not cheap. Had our 38.5' Cardinal 3550RL reroofed this last winter.
    The RV guy (not a dealer) I use removed everything, replaced a couple soft spots of the OSB. reskinned it with a 1/8" over the factory OSB, used Xtrm Ply PVC Roofing System by LaSalle Bristol.
    Sit down now, cost $9,000
    I went with flex armor after a roof tear on a 35' solitude cost just over $5k a year ago.
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dyi?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Wow, tough call on that. There's a lot of individual places to repair, although many of them are small. Honestly, I'd have to see it in person to decide what I would do. But considering the cost of a new roof, I'd be thinking long and hard about what to do. I'd probably be leaning toward new roof, but hooboy, they are not cheap.
    is that something only a dealer can do?

Ted

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi gang,

Been out twice so far with the new camper and just found a bad tear. I suspect it's been like this for a month or so. Of course it's been unusually wet for Colorado. More rain tomorrow. I don't remember hitting anything but it must have been a branch by looking at it. I'm very careful and through but this time Murphy won.

I'll have to patch it quickly but suspect it'll need a new roof. Do you fine folks concur on the new roof or do you think it's "fixable"?
    I have a 2019 Momentum 349 and was looking at the roof. My roof is and was in excellent condition. No tears not bad spots.
    But since I was spending a lot of time in Phoenix I wanted to do something to help with keeping my rig cool and the roof is one place I looked.

Ok to the point..
    I used eternabond tape and Henry's Tropicool roofing material.
    both those make an amazing addition to your roof and strengthen the roof itself.
    So a great either temporary repair of a permanent repair would be to...
    Get some TPO material not much just enough to cover your larger damage by about 6 to 8 inches.
    use the proper glue under the TPO on bare wood and a recommended adhesive between the repair TPO and the existing TPO.
    Use the Eternabond on the edges to make sure they are above and beyond sealed.. (eternabond tape has a thick adhesive to it so it will squish some.. If you can find a thin version or a better tape to seal then that should work just as well
    Then scrub (I recommend a hand scrub.. yes I know but well worth it to keep from damaging your new repairs) the roof and you really dont need a special sealer aka primer to put on the Henry's Tropicool but I wiped my roof down with a good strong alcohol before painting on the Henry's.
    Use a good paint roller and stay out of direct sunlight while doing this.. unless it is very cool.. say 60 to 70 F..
    Use a painters tape to set your edges and dont fear the Henry's.
    The Tropicool is not cheap cut has a lifetime warranty and is 100 UV reflective (according to website) and the side benefit is less A/C run time.
    This will seal your rig until you get it repaired or until you get a new rig..

Good luck with this and I would cut the tree down that took out your roof... just sayin... lol
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually Long Bed
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 349M

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy just finished our new RV Armor roof installation on Friday, 8/29/22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QD7V6Ap8U

He arrived that Monday and started the preparation. Wednesday he left early because it was very humid and it started raining so the product wouldn't dry.

I had to sign off on a vent fan and one place I had to use silicone instead of lap compound (meaning that particular object is not warrantied. I had wood replaced in two areas where the wood got mushy from leaks that I couldn't find until it was too late. Every day the tech had to unbolt and relocate both AC units on the roof in the morning and torque them back down for the night in case it rained. The last thing he did was to replace the AC roof gaskets (I had already bought them) and then torqued them down one last time.

When he was completely finished the tech handed me a box with chemicals and materials with which to make emergency repairs. I asked him what I should do and he said to use the kit to stop the leak and then call RV Armor to make warranty repairs.

I published warranty is "LIFETIME" and they always come to where you are. All techs are regional and work remotely.

Yes, it was expensive, but the tech fixed a leak I didn't even know that I had. We plan on keeping our Solitude until we're too old to pull it anymore. This was basically an insurance policy to ensure no more roof damage.

Soapbox time... Why in the world would a company make a top line RV (Solitude) and cover it with a 1/32" sheet of rubber with no glue under it and expect consumers to be happy. We pulled a 39 foot TT for 25 years that had a pieced-together sheet-aluminum roof that was buoyed up by insulation. 25 years... It never leaked not once and I remember being on that roof maybe 3 times in those 25 years. We've had our Solitude since early 2017 and have put a total of 4-5 tubes of lap compound up there looking things over 2-3 times per year. It is useless. That stuff cracks open as soon as it dries and makes fishers that let water go into the roof. I am SOOO glad that stuff is out of my life!!!

RV Armor gives us peace of mind.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast