User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve-

Knowing those roads well you certainly took the scenic route. Not being critical but for clarification for others you took hwy 24 not 25 from Minturn on in to the Springs. Had you taken I70 on a Sunday afternoon it would have been a nightmare with those recreating in the mountains returning to Denver and the front range. Have seen backups for miles because of traffic volume. BTW, a Class A recently caught fire on its' undercarriage partway through the Eisenhower tunnel shutting it down for an hour.
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    ... We'll see what I70 is like in Kansas and Missouri. I guess that its just the volume of traffic, one of the busiest Interstates in the nation.
    I'm sure it will still be long, windy, and BORING. Put on some road tunes and watch out for other bored drivers.

BTW, I remember in the '80s when 41A near Clarskville TN used to be the most accident-prone highways (mostly due to drunk Ft Campbell soldiers) I think I70 certainly beats it now.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 08-16-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are hangin in Caņon City for a bit. We got rerouted on the way here from Taos and used I25 to Pueblo and then onto Caņon City. I25 for our short sprint was ok.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastn View Post
    Steve-

Knowing those roads well you certainly took the scenic route. Not being critical but for clarification for others you took hwy 24 not 25 from Minturn on in to the Springs. Had you taken I70 on a Sunday afternoon it would have been a nightmare with those recreating in the mountains returning to Denver and the front range. Have seen backups for miles because of traffic volume. BTW, a Class A recently caught fire on its' undercarriage partway through the Eisenhower tunnel shutting it down for an hour.
    Thank you for correcting me on highway 24, I edited my post.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry. 70 through Missouri is worse. It's especially rough between Columbia, and St. Louis. We drive this with our travel trailer regularly to our property and there are spots where I will stay in the left lane.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234