User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad777 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear your having issues with their customer service. Grand Design has provided outstanding service to me. Not sure who you've been dealing with...I've worked on several occasions with Austin Paulus ([email protected]). Give him a shot, it could be a newbie your working with.

Best wishes!!
    I have had both experiences. Good and bad but the bad should never happen
    There is zero excuse for it
    If they are new the training should be better
    A person should never have to escalate to a higher up
    I hope the OP can get a resolution and it is good that the Jayco dealer is willing to help
    But I am relative new to dealing with RV companies
    I have always had used before my new Jayco in 2014 that I only had to call Jayco for one item in 7 years
    This current Grand Design has had at least 10 issues in the past 2 years that I have had to call about
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Yeah, I so totally get what you're saying, it is very frustrating when your attempts at communicating are met with crickets (silence). Just think of the crush of emails and phone calls that GD CS gets as a "supply chain issue". The good news, while it took me much longer than I'd like to get a response from GD, once I did I could see that they value me as a customer and want to help.
    I have received responses from Grand Design every time I am willing to sit on the phone for an hour listening to elevator music. Three times in the last two days. Each time, the rep I spoke to said that they could not help and that someone who could help would call me back right away. But nobody calls back.

I am convinced they do NOT value customers. I am convinced they have no intention of helping. Grand Design does not care whether or not customers receive service and is refusing to honor their warranty.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think you have said they agreed to fault and are willing to honor their warranty. It’s just not to your speed or liking. As you said GD agreed and is taking care of the fault.
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 08-17-2022 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Removed content not on topic
    Randy and Kris

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Well I think you have said they agreed to fault and are willing to honor their warranty. It’s just not to your speed or liking. We all have levels of PO’d and I would say yours is reached rather easy. Again, you said GD agreed and is taking care of the fault.
    No. I said they requested measurements, and emailed Lippert to see if Lippert would approve a warranty repair. Lippert replied "Yes" within a matter of a few hours.

Now it's been two weeks since Lippert replied Grand Design to approve repairs. Grand Design has done nothing in the two weeks since then in terms of follow up.

I have no idea why Grand Design is dragging it's heels on this. Lippert has accepted responsibility and will pay. It seems Grand Design just does not care at all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kelly Myers

I think @WhittleBurner has given you good advice to contact Jerry McCarthy. Here’s one example to see that he does respond - post#18
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...416#post412416

You can Search the upper right of the Forum page for his name to see other threads where he is also mentioned.

The other thing I’d point out is that it’s unfortunate but Grand Design doesn’t visit/review this site. They did years ago but not anymore.

Also, even if we knew your RV year, model, and which parts are needed, there’s not much more we can help with that hasn’t already been suggested since it’s a warranty issue and not like you would be attempting the repair. If you were doing the repair, there are many people and threads here that deal with slide problems.

Hoping the best outcome for you to get you on the road.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kelly, I think we all feel your pain. Things just aren't happening as quickly today as they may have a couple of years ago. I don't think it is because GD doesn't care about their customers, but understand why you feel that way now. It is clear there are a lot of people that don't feel that way about GD. But it doesn't help when you are the victim of circumstance. Keep trying and bear in mind that the people on the other end are likely doing the best they can under the same circumstance. Hope you hear something from them soon!
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 08-17-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Fixed name
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Hi Kelly, I think we all feel your pain. Things just aren't happening as quickly today as they may have a couple of years ago. I don't think it is because GD doesn't care about their customers, but understand why you feel that way now. It is clear there are a lot of people that don't feel that way about GD. But it doesn't help when you are the victim of circumstance. Keep trying and bear in mind that the people on the other end are likely doing the best they can under the same circumstance. Hope you hear something from them soon!
    I spent some time yesterday emailing every member of management I could identify on the website, hoping to get some attention.

Guess what? Suddenly I got an email promising me a phone call today! LOL

So, my phone rings at 7:15AM, which I have always regarded as too early for a polite phone call. On the phone is the original rep who has been ignoring me for weeks. All he did on the call was state this is all my fault, and refuse to help me, then hung up the phone.

It is apparent to me that Grand Design has no intention of honoring it's obligations.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a couple of folks here suggested, I reached out to Lippert yesterday. In less than an hour, I had authorization from them to have my parts shipped and repairs performed, with Lippert paying the bill. They apologized for the horrible experience I have had with the Grand Design team, and said they could not understand it because Lippert considers this their responsibility and has been ready to help from the start.

The only reason I have had all this trouble is because of negligence and lack of care from Grand Design.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Myers View Post
    As a couple of folks here suggested, I reached out to Lippert yesterday. In less than an hour, I had authorization from them to have my parts shipped and repairs performed, with Lippert paying the bill. They apologized for the horrible experience I have had with the Grand Design team, and said they could not understand it because Lippert considers this their responsibility and has been ready to help from the start.

The only reason I have had all this trouble is because of negligence and lack of care from Grand Design.
    Glad to hear it is moving forward
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Glad to hear it is moving forward
    Yeah, speaking to Lippert was a breath of fresh air after the treatment I have received from Grand Design.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast