User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    One issue we’ve encountered is too much ice building up in the fridge, but not in the freezer. After being turned on for 12 hours, there is a lot of condensation on the back top as well as on the ceiling - dripping onto the shelf. Also, “snow” piling up on the top shelf at the back. The dealer said that is typical and they removed the door stops at the top of both the fridge and the freezer. It just seems to me Furrion wouldn’t install these stops if they caused this issue. And I’ve never seen this amount of ice and water buildup in a fridge. Maybe some in the freezer.

Incidentally, this is the second fridge. The original one had a bad compressor. It just didn’t work. Not sure how this would have made it through testing by Furrion, GD and Colerain. The lesson here is to make sure everything works before pulling off the lot. The 1-hour walk-through isn’t sufficient.
    Hi RedHawk,

PDI would have only caught the fridge issue if it was turned on at least a couple or several hours prior to the PDI (the frost issue) doa fridge is pretty easy to diagnose…PDI certainly can cover much ground. BTW, it sounds like maybe a door seal issue that is letting too much moisture build up inside. With that said, very glad you are taking a systematic approach to getting stuff resolved. I am sorry to hear the dealer is really lagging and not helping, but the positivity you have will go a long way to resolution even though it is incredibly frustrating. Cudos to you for that!

Good vibes going your way!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about all your trouble. I owned a 2020 29RS Grand Design Fifth Wheel. Grand Design Customer Service authorized a mobile tech to do the work and I told I was only responsible for the techs travel fee which was $100. I also purchased my Fifth Wheel from Colerain, pre-Covid and had them correct any issues after I found them on my pre delivery inspection. My issue was a failing vacuum break valve on the black flush which took about 4 hours to fix. The mobile tech lives about 20 minutes north of Colerain and is the former service manager of Colerain. He is an outstanding technician and knows all the ins and outs of dealing with GD customer service as far as getting work approved. You will have to pay the tech and GD will reimburse you. Google The Happy Traveler Mobile RV repair. If you live close enough, he will take care of most of those issues. Btw, Grand Design ended up reimbursing the $100 travel fee!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvscholl View Post
    Sorry to hear about all your trouble. I owned a 2020 29RS Grand Design Fifth Wheel. Grand Design Customer Service authorized a mobile tech to do the work and I told I was only responsible for the techs travel fee which was $100. I also purchased my Fifth Wheel from Colerain, pre-Covid and had them correct any issues after I found them on my pre delivery inspection. My issue was a failing vacuum break valve on the black flush which took about 4 hours to fix. The mobile tech lives about 20 minutes north of Colerain and is the former service manager of Colerain. He is an outstanding technician and knows all the ins and outs of dealing with GD customer service as far as getting work approved. You will have to pay the tech and GD will reimburse you. Google The Happy Traveler Mobile RV repair. If you live close enough, he will take care of most of those issues. Btw, Grand Design ended up reimbursing the $100 travel fee!
    RV, this is very helpful. Thank you.
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 341RDS
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH (our first GD)
    2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD (thanks Honey!)

Camping is our thing!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StonewallJ View Post
    Thanks Bill. Just to clarify - does GD provide the tech, or do I need to find one? Maybe they at least will recommend techs?
    While out camping this spring. I was in need of a mobile tech. and was turned onto this website for locating certified mobile techs. Hope it helps! https://rvtaa.org/locate/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbandtbone View Post
    While out camping this spring. I was in need of a mobile tech. and was turned onto this website for locating certified mobile techs. Hope it helps! https://rvtaa.org/locate/
    Wow, this is pretty cool. Will definitely keep this. Giving Colerain and GD a few days before I pursue other options. I just need them to communicate more than anything. On the landing gear - Colerain simply says GD rejected the claim. GD said they rejected what Colerain recommended, but that they’d cover the correct repair. But Colerain is just sitting on this. All they know is GD rejected the claim and have taken no next steps and are not asking for details from GD. It’s ridiculous.

Camping is our thing!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is pretty cool. Will definitely keep this. Giving Colerain and GD a few days before I pursue other options. I just need them to communicate more than anything. On the landing gear - Colerain simply says GD rejected the claim. GD said they rejected what Colerain recommended, but that they’d cover the correct repair. But Colerain is just sitting on this. All they know is GD rejected the claim and have taken no next steps and are not asking for details from GD. It’s ridiculous.
    If the dealer has not taken anything apart, go get your rig and never take it back there again.
    Then deal directly with GD.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    If the dealer has not taken anything apart, go get your rig and never take it back there again.
    Then deal directly with GD.

Bill
    That’s a big part of the problem - some minor repairs have been approved and parts have been ordered. Though some of those were approved only after my intervention. There are some repairs that I’ve brought up that haven’t even been submitted to GD. Then, there’s the landing gear. And, of course, it hasn’t been touched in three weeks now. Was supposed to get a call yesterday….crickets.

Also called GD two days ago and had to leave a message. Crickets.

Did I mention this is a new camper?
    Last edited by StonewallJ; 10-06-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Camping is our thing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, not sure if I missed it somewhere in this thread.
    we had issues with out First Grand Design fifth wheel, a couple simple things, but the dealer at that time messed things up, sent it to another dealer, they didn't help either. Then after a bit of disappointment and communication with GD Service, I suggested GD just taking the rig back and giving me a different one. At that point, GD suggested getting it to the factory and get it fixed, and fixed right. A bit of coordination, and appointment setting. WE took the unit to them, stayed in a cabin for three days, they picked up the bill, paid me back for my fuel and never had another issue with the unit. Fixed at the factory and done right. I have since upgraded to a larger one. Still happy with GD. But understandably frustrating.
    not sure if they will get you to the factory, but I think that is the best option. again, that was in 2016 so not sure how that would work now.
    good luck, be safe, and by all means, hang in there!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    Just a thought, not sure if I missed it somewhere in this thread.
    we had issues with out First Grand Design fifth wheel, a couple simple things, but the dealer at that time messed things up, sent it to another dealer, they didn't help either. Then after a bit of disappointment and communication with GD Service, I suggested GD just taking the rig back and giving me a different one. At that point, GD suggested getting it to the factory and get it fixed, and fixed right. A bit of coordination, and appointment setting. WE took the unit to them, stayed in a cabin for three days, they picked up the bill, paid me back for my fuel and never had another issue with the unit. Fixed at the factory and done right. I have since upgraded to a larger one. Still happy with GD. But understandably frustrating.
    not sure if they will get you to the factory, but I think that is the best option. again, that was in 2016 so not sure how that would work now.
    good luck, be safe, and by all means, hang in there!!!
    This option had certainly crossed my mind. That was going to be my request to GD when I called a couple days ago, but haven’t heard back. But definitely is now in the playbook.
    Some good news. I spoke with a difference person at Colerain today. Not sure what that means yet, but I could tell he was picking up what I was explaining. Stay tuned. Thanks for the idea and well wishes. Same to you!

I love this forum!!! So many smart people.

Camping is our thing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This option had certainly crossed my mind. That was going to be my request to GD when I called a couple days ago, but haven’t heard back. But definitely is now in the playbook.
    Some good news. I spoke with a difference person at Colerain today. Not sure what that means yet, but I could tell he was picking up what I was explaining. Stay tuned. Thanks for the idea and well wishes. Same to you!

I love this forum!!! So many smart people.
    just keep on keeping on.
    I would give a call every day, just stay on top of them, Grand Design in the past, for me anyway, has always stepped up and got r done. Even when they have shipped items directly to my house. then had a mobil tech take care of it, etc.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast