User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Imagine 2600RB slide uplift on retract

Purchased in Nov.2021, we have had the Imagine out camping 5 times. Last week, we noticed the LH side paneling of the Dinette wall was lifting up after retracting the Slide in. We retract it in until it just makes the clutch release sound. The Paneling lifts up and exposes the 1x2 wood frame footer that is attached to the floor. The nails that connected the frame are no longer attached and that lets the whole Dinnette separator wall between the Dinette and the Recliner chairs. When you extend the slide out, the separator wall drops back down 1 to 1.5" to the carpeted floor. The backside of the Dinette wall frame is attached to the outer wall of the slide out. It seems that when retracting, as the slide stops reaching its limits the bottom of the slide out lifts up being pulled in tighter than the top. This may be what pulled the wood frame apart.

Below is a photo of the area I am talking about that lifts up off the carpeted floor exposing the Wood frame of the wall. In these photos the Slide is OUT (Extended). I need to get a photo of when the slide is Retracted (IN).

In order to fix this, I will have to remove the Recliner Chairs to get at the Wall paneling, Remove the paneling and re-attach the Wooden Frame with an L bracket. But, this won't alleviate the obvious stress here on this wall. What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1223.jpg  

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Bob Davis, have you contacted GD customer support about this issue? It sounds like something that should be covered by warranty. GD will often authorize a mobile tech who would come to where you have the trailer.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Hey @Bob Davis, have you contacted GD customer support about this issue? It sounds like something that should be covered by warranty. GD will often authorize a mobile tech who would come to where you have the trailer.
    Soundsailor, that is interesting. I had talked with the local GD Dealer here and they said I have to make an appointment in a few weeks, then drop the Trailer off with them, then they will look at it within a 2 to 3 week period. Then if they have to order parts, it could be up to 6 weeks more..etc..etc..

I made an appointment for the 20th to drop it off, but I may cancel and try to correct this myself. According to several experienced folks, they say that the "box" or slide through frame will lift up when it reaches its limits. In this case however the vertical wooden frame inside the pony wall pulled from the nails of the bottom footer that is attached to the floor. I thought screws and gluing a sturdy steel L bracket would re-attach the vertical frame to the floor. But it will be some work. The recliner or recliners both have to be lifted and moved to allow good access to the paneling, remove the paneling to expose the inner framework, and re-attach the wooden vertical upright.

Your suggestion is a good one, I may try to call GD Customer support and speak with them about it. Thank you.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope it works out for you, let us know.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Imagine 2600RB slide uplift on retract

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Davis View Post
    Soundsailor, that is interesting. I had talked with the local GD Dealer here and they said I have to make an appointment in a few weeks, then drop the Trailer off with them, then they will look at it within a 2 to 3 week period. Then if they have to order parts, it could be up to 6 weeks more..etc..etc..

I made an appointment for the 20th to drop it off, but I may cancel and try to correct this myself. According to several experienced folks, they say that the "box" or slide through frame will lift up when it reaches its limits. In this case however the vertical wooden frame inside the pony wall pulled from the nails of the bottom footer that is attached to the floor. I thought screws and gluing a sturdy steel L bracket would re-attach the vertical frame to the floor. But it will be some work. The recliner or recliners both have to be lifted and moved to allow good access to the paneling, remove the paneling to expose the inner framework, and re-attach the wooden vertical upright.

Your suggestion is a good one, I may try to call GD Customer support and speak with them about it. Thank you.
    Agree with @Soundsailor, content GD directly. One of the things you can do in the meantime is observe the slide closely in that area as it is coming in. Look and see if it is binding on the bottom of that wall paneling. You may be able to shorten that by say 1/32 then reattach and I bet that problem goes away completely, as long as the slide is adjusted properly.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to take some more photos today. In looking at the FLOOR of the SLIDE OUT, it appears to be BOWED down in the middle where the Pony wall is located. At the far ends of the "box", the floor lifts UPward and there is a GAP between the BOX floor and the Trailer Flooring. But where the Pony wall has lifted off of the floor footer, the Floor has practically no gap between the box floor and the trailer floor. I can force the Pony wall down to the floor where it should be attached to the Footer, but it is stressed. As soon as I let go of it, the Pony wall springs back up. If I EXTEND the slide out, the stress relieves and the Pony wall drops back flush with the floor and footer.

What is the "Box" floor made of? It appears to be possible fiberglass or some kind of dense pressed board composite.

It is definitely bowed down in the middle and up at the ends. I have an appointment to take it to the Dealer on Oct. 24th. Is there some support roller or something under the box?

Here are some photos with the Slide Retracted all the way in. The seal on the outside seems Even at the top and bottom of the slide out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic1.jpg   pic9.jpg   pic3lhend.jpg   Pic6RHend.jpg   no gap.JPG  

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few more photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sideUSE.JPG   side1.JPG  

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the floor is dropping and the pony wall is where it should be. When retracted, can you lift up on the floor? Does it seem “soft” under the pony wall? Just thinking.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlyStar, no it doesn't feel soft. I haven't tried to lift up on the floor yet. I would have to get a flat bar I think to do this and it may damage the interior floor underneath. It appears that the floor has bowed down in the middle. I don't know what the floor material is. I need to extend the slide out, go outside and look underneath the floor when it is extended.

Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the storage under the dinette seat overloaded with heavy items? You have a long slide. When the slide is in, the floor is unsupported toward the inner edge. Or, when it is in, do you walk in the unsupported edge of the slide trying to access the trailer interior?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast