User Tag List

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview BT7 install and first impressions....

After all the talk about the Haloview BT7 I decided to take the plunge. $339 direct from Haloview with free shipping and no tax. Got the rear view mirror mount for the display for $9 on the site also. Install was straight forward on our Momentum 31G. Haloview camera mounts in the same holes as the Furrion prep and the included adapter cable works with the prep as well. Only issue was the trailer is wired with 12 volt constant power to the camera. Removed the marker light just below the camera and rewired to that circuit so all works as designed now. The mirror on our Ram Tradesman dually is not nearly big enough for the rear view mirror mount to work as it came so had to get some more velcro strapping and replace the factory ones with substantially shorter lengths. Works fine now. I did not want to use the cigarette lighter plug in to power the camera. That dangling wire is counter to what my OCD would stand. I intended to run the wire across the front of the headliner, down the A pillar and pick up key on 12v power under the dash but then I noticed the tiny LED in the overhead console that is on when the lights are on. Wired into that circuit and now both the camera and the display work when the park or head lights are on. Super happy with the setup and the picture quality of the camera is amazing. Great signal without any sort of booster.

https://www.haloview.com/products/by...ra-system.html

Last edited by TerryH; 10-11-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially tried using the Velcro straps and they didn’t work for me either. Then I realized the rubber band things on the back are for attaching to the normal size mirrors.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightclimber View Post
    I initially tried using the Velcro straps and they didn’t work for me either. Then I realized the rubber band things on the back are for attaching to the normal size mirrors.
    Wait, the rubber things work without the velcro? I thought those were to protect the mirror from the metal bracket.
    Last edited by TerryH; 10-11-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Wait, the rubber things work without the velcro? I thought those were to protect the mirror from the metal bracket.
    Yes! I originally thought they were a protective thing too and was annoyed at how unbelievably long the Velcro straps were and thought of modifying them. Then noticed the rubber things were the actual straps.