User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StonewallJ View Post
    That’s a big part of the problem - some minor repairs have been approved and parts have been ordered. Though some of those were approved only after my intervention. There are some repairs that I’ve brought up that haven’t even been submitted to GD. Then, there’s the landing gear. And, of course, it hasn’t been touched in three weeks now. Was supposed to get a call yesterday….crickets.

Also called GD two days ago and had to leave a message. Crickets.

Did I mention this is a new camper?
    Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering that. That would be the only thing keeping you there. I get that it’s a new camper, and I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you can get it resolved soon.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perseverance is the key word. I’m fortunate to have a top notch dealer that has been very responsive - Northgate in Ringgold GA. But I also know some dealers are not as good! But GD customer service has treated me very well. That said, I have had unanswered calls, but in fairness they are sometimes busier than a one armed paper hanger. Keep calling. They have been very helpful and fair. Keep calling.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Perseverance is the key word. I’m fortunate to have a top notch dealer that has been very responsive - Northgate in Ringgold GA. But I also know some dealers are not as good! But GD customer service has treated me very well. That said, I have had unanswered calls, but in fairness they are sometimes busier than a one armed paper hanger. Keep calling. They have been very helpful and fair. Keep calling.
    +1 for Northgate in Ringgold! That's where we bought our 320MKS.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    +1 for Northgate in Ringgold! That's where we bought our 320MKS.
    Now you guys tell me
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 341RDS
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH (our first GD)
    2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD (thanks Honey!)

Camping is our thing!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you guys tell me
    Sorry! I've posted a number of times here about how happy we are with Northgate.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you guys tell me
    . Also have posted kudos before, but you can’t see them all. Good luck going forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad that you're having issues with the service at Colerain (I assume the one on Rt 36?)

I've had uneasy feelings with the sales dept there in the past (and I really never trust a salesman that tells me not to trust another salesman). But I've had great experiences with their service department. NOW, none of that service was warranty related ... and it was almost five years ago.

I just dropped off a laundry list of items I want done to my trailer (which is well out of warranty) for a quote/schedule. I guess I'll let you know how it goes ...
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwalton View Post
    I'm sad that you're having issues with the service at Colerain (I assume the one on Rt 36?)

I've had uneasy feelings with the sales dept there in the past (and I really never trust a salesman that tells me not to trust another salesman). But I've had great experiences with their service department. NOW, none of that service was warranty related ... and it was almost five years ago.

I just dropped off a laundry list of items I want done to my trailer (which is well out of warranty) for a quote/schedule. I guess I'll let you know how it goes ...
    So, last Friday I made the three-hour trip to Colerain since I wasn’t having success over the phone. I went through the entire list with the Rep, ensuring that we both understood the game plan on unresolved items, which included talking through the issues that seemed to have fallen off the radar. Took an hour. Then, we headed to the lot so I could talk with the Service Manager and get a commitment to get it in the bay this week, especially since all parts ordered so far were in. He agreed, but when I pointed out how much I paid for this new jewel and that it had been there for six weeks, he responded that six weeks is a short time period for them. That’s not encouraging to me at all when I reflect on having paid for an extended warranty. Will that do me any good if they’re not able to do repairs in a reasonable period of time?

One thing to keep in mind - IMO, Grand Design shouldn’t be off the hook here. Their position throughout all this is that it’s the dealer’s responsibility since I bought from them. However, GD built it, but wouldn’t offer a solution.

Please do keep me updated on how this develops for you. Am truly interested, and I certainly wish the best outcome for you.
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 341RDS
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28BH (our first GD)
    2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD (thanks Honey!)

Camping is our thing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, last Friday I made the three-hour trip to Colerain since I wasn’t having success over the phone. I went through the entire list with the Rep, ensuring that we both understood the game plan on unresolved items, which included talking through the issues that seemed to have fallen off the radar. Took an hour. Then, we headed to the lot so I could talk with the Service Manager and get a commitment to get it in the bay this week, especially since all parts ordered so far were in. He agreed, but when I pointed out how much I paid for this new jewel and that it had been there for six weeks, he responded that six weeks is a short time period for them. That’s not encouraging to me at all when I reflect on having paid for an extended warranty. Will that do me any good if they’re not able to do repairs in a reasonable period of time?

One thing to keep in mind - IMO, Grand Design shouldn’t be off the hook here. Their position throughout all this is that it’s the dealer’s responsibility since I bought from them. However, GD built it, but wouldn’t offer a solution.

Please do keep me updated on how this develops for you. Am truly interested, and I certainly wish the best outcome for you.
    Hey, I was there last Friday afternoon as well (but was only there maybe 15 minutes)! That's when I took my list in. I live maybe 20 minutes away. Since my trailer is no longer under warranty I can go anywhere ... and there are three dealerships within 30 minutes of my house. My first trailer (a Coleman) had a couple of minor warranty issues that took Camping World many weeks to resolve. Yeah, I know, CW is a bad word ... but long warranty work seems pretty typical now. The lack of communication, however is inexcusable.
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stand your ground on your warranty timeframe.
    Have them, dealer / GD extend the start date of the warranty to the date you get it back in service and make sure all is ok.
    Again, my experience, 2019, but GD stepped up and extended my warranty 6 full months and it was in writing.
    Good Luck, Keep on them, keep on keeping on!!!
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast