User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    How do squirrels get in? That is the question. I have a 2019 31RLTS and I have a squirrel in the front shell. He can get into the bedroom ceiling only to just before the AC unit. I have pull down the paneling in the roof of the front closet and have seen him, trapped him, and released him outside. Either he got back in or there were two of them. I can't find a hole where they might have entered. Anyone have an idea?
    Assume you have the 315RLTS, and if so, I suspect it has the same opening under the front cap as did our 2019 312BHTS. There is a gap just behind and at the bottom of the front cap. The forward wall of the pass thru is also open to that gap. Mice, rats, squirrels can travel up the inside of the front cap to the ceiling. I rodent-proofed ours by installing Excluder in the gap at the top of the pass thru wall and using copper mesh for the gap in the bottom of the front cap. I don't know if that gap was purposely left for air flow or for some other reason, hence, the reason I used copper mesh. Oh, just a note - I originally started with the copper mesh at the top of the pass thru wall gap, but quickly changed to the Excluder product after packing the copper mesh down behind the wall where the battery disconnect switch is located. Yep, I managed to contact both + and - terminals and got a nice spark and a bit of a surprise with the copper mesh.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 10-14-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rodents are not only a pain in the You know what, but dangerous too, chewing wiring and leaving toxic poop everywhere.

They sell sticky pads that absolutely work. Once they step onto it they are stuck. That’s how we got a mouse that made its way into our stick and bricks. The sticky pads work. They smell like peanut butter.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do squirrels get in!

Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Assume you have the 315RLTS, and if so, I suspect it has the same opening under the front cap as did our 2019 312BHTS. There is a gap just behind and at the bottom of the front cap. The forward wall of the pass thru is also open to that gap. Mice, rats, squirrels can travel up the inside of the front cap to the ceiling. I rodent-proofed ours by installing Excluder in the gap at the top of the pass thru wall and using copper mesh for the gap in the bottom of the front cap. I don't know if that gap was purposely left for air flow or for some other reason, hence, the reason I used copper mesh. Oh, just a note - I originally started with the copper mesh at the top of the pass thru wall gap, but quickly changed to the Excluder product after packing the copper mesh down behind the wall where the battery disconnect switch is located. Yep, I managed to contact both + and - terminals and got a nice spark and a bit of a surprise with the copper mesh.
    As I suspected, the front is open. I could see on each side the area is larger and could let the critters in. I applied expanding foam to seal it off. I was thinking I need to go across the entire front. Thanks for the response,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for videos on how to live trap them for you....but I was like "squirrel!!!" and got distracted watching catapult videos. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9n7ymR4z4
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    I was looking for videos on how to live trap them for you....but I was like "squirrel!!!" and got distracted watching catapult videos. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG9n7ymR4z4
    I have two cats he still came in. I have a live trapped and caught him once. I then released him and he came back in. Now I am fully sealing the front with expanding foam. Hopefully he will get out through the closet and open door or goes into the trap. Catapults huh! Catapulting squirrels?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    how bout a picture or two or three for some help! ! !
    thanks
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    I have two cats he still came in. I have a live trapped and caught him once. I then released him and he came back in. Now I am fully sealing the front with expanding foam. Hopefully he will get out through the closet and open door or goes into the trap. Catapults huh! Catapulting squirrels?!?!
    Not sure it will help you with the holes you have right now, but when I had mice issues in the last trailer, I took the super course steel wool and stuffed into the holes. Then I stuck the expanding foam straw inside the wool and filled it with foam. They might start to chew the wool, but they will stop once their little teeth hit that fist strand of steel. Worked for me.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures from me? If so, we no longer have the 312.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried blowing Cayan Pepper into the ceiling with a leaf blower. He came back. Trapping was unsuccessful. Eventually, I got enough foam between the flooring and the front shell, that he could not get back in. Now if I go up north again, I won't have a draft in my closet. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12