User Tag List

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next years wish list

Have a few things on the wish list for next season.

1) PD Pendant so I can reset the charge controller without running the batteries down first.
    2) Maybe (key maybe) two more Battleborns. We ran them down to 25% 2nd night of two at different HH locations with res fridge and furnace going and cloudy days in between (OK and TV on in evening). Not sure if that would mean adding another solar panel to really be effective beyond the one factory. I also don't think I can mix BB types - in retrospect, wish I had purchased the heated batteries and believe BB said I shouldn't mix the embedded heated batteries with the blanket ones (and the blankets are expensive).
    3) Hardwired EMS - plug in unit did well this year but I'd like something installed based on the posts I've read and I have no idea where to start nor do I feel confident in installing.
    4) Soft starts - the AC white noise doesn't bother me but the hard start does.
    5) Jealous of the hard-wired motorized 50amp reel on the rig we were next to a couple of weeks back.
    6) MorRyde IS but that might be 2 years out.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but for now.....
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post

3) Hardwired EMS - plug in unit did well this year but I'd like something installed based on the posts I've read and I have no idea where to start nor do I feel confident in installing.
    5) Jealous of the hard-wired motorized 50amp reel on the rig we were next to a couple of weeks back.

Why not the plug-in EMS. Been using one for over 5 years without issue. I like the fact that I can plug it in first to check the pole voltage, then plug the RV in if everything is OK.

I was told by my dealer that soft starts void the A/C warranty if that is a concern for you.

I use our cord reel every time. It is awesome!
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    Why not the plug-in EMS. Been using one for over 5 years without issue. I like the fact that I can plug it in first to check the pole voltage, then plug the RV in if everything is OK.

I was told by my dealer that soft starts void the A/C warranty if that is a concern for you.

I use our cord reel every time. It is awesome!
    I can use the plug-in. Might have been under the mistaken impression that the hard-wired offers more protection. But two close lightning strikes and 2 camp power outages and it did it's job.

The Coleman AC warranty is voided unless you install the Coleman soft starts which are apparently pretty new.

I use the cord reel every time as well but the rig next to us in PA had the cable hard-wired so you didn't have to to plug into the trailer - just the pedestal - and that was factory. I think @traveldawg has a mod very similar. Pull out what you need and motorized rewind with only pedestal connection.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can use the plug-in. Might have been under the mistaken impression that the hard-wired offers more protection. But two close lightning strikes and 2 camp power outages and it did it's job.

The Coleman AC warranty is voided unless you install the Coleman soft starts which are apparently pretty new.

I use the cord reel every time as well but the rig next to us in PA had the cable hard-wired so you didn't have to to plug into the trailer - just the pedestal - and that was factory. I think @traveldawg has a mod very similar. Pull out what you need and motorized rewind with only pedestal connection.
    Thanks for the call-out.

I did put in a motorized electric cord reel. This is the link. It was one of the first few mods I did. It's wired to a 50 amp receptacle in the basement that the Hughs Autoformer connects to, then my PE EMS-HW50C plugs into the autoformer before going into a transfer switch. By using a receptacle in the basement I can use or not use the autoformer (but I usually just leave it plugged in).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Colemans website for RV ACs, the warranty is only 2 years anyways. So, if you are passed the warranty period would go with whatever AC softstart device you want. We went with the Easystart 364 and its been working like a champ for the last 2 years!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) PD Pendant so I can reset the charge controller without running the batteries down first.
    2) Maybe (key maybe) two more Battleborns. We ran them down to 25% 2nd night of two at different HH locations with res fridge and furnace going and cloudy days in between (OK and TV on in evening). Not sure if that would mean adding another solar panel to really be effective beyond the one factory. I also don't think I can mix BB types - in retrospect, wish I had purchased the heated batteries and believe BB said I shouldn't mix the embedded heated batteries with the blanket ones (and the blankets are expensive).
    6) MorRyde IS but that might be 2 years out.

Fun list! Mine is:
    1) Victron Multiplus
    2) 2nd 206 AH SOK battery
    3) Victron 40 amp DC to DC charger
    4) Lots of goodies for the new truck I took delivery of yesterday!!

Happy Holidays!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new truck Chad, I have one on order now. Patience is a virtue, I'm trying my hardest to be virtuous.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
    Congrats on the new truck Chad, I have one on order now. Patience is a virtue, I'm trying my hardest to be virtuous.
    Ah yes, the grand waiting adventure. Ordered mine mid-March. Took a while but nothing from my order was deleted due to shortages. Got heated seats and everything! Best wishes for a speedy delivery on yours!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wishlist:

Nice fitted and comfortable sofa bed that fits exactly for 2 people and a dog
    New tv
    Better plumbing