User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauced Hog View Post
    Thanks for the info. Not sure what the LB 48 is? I'm guessing the aftermarket Ford higher capacity tank? I can see the benefit of the aux tank especially on long trips and when looking for the best prices. It's on my want list.
    -Mike
    sorry - I have a Long Bed; it comes stock with a 48 gallon tank.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Why is it everywhere I go, I have to learn new acronyms? Thanks for the education.
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Not all long beds come stock with the 48 gallon tank. I wish they did. My SuperCab came stock with the 36 gal tank. CrewCab long beds come stock with the 48 gallon I believe.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    Just a bit off topic. We're planning a trip to Key West in the spring and I've been plotting the route using Trip Wizard. My original plan had me needing fuel about half way from Key Largo to Key West. Doing a search I didn't find any stations that looked like an easy in and out for a 41 foot 5th wheel and truck. I decided to fuel up before getting to Key Largo so I wouldn't have to stop. I was curious if anyone here has done this drive and fueled up somewhere along the Hwy 1 route in the keys? If there's a good place, I'd add it in as a back up just in case things don't go to plan. That NEVER happens! LOL
    Thanks in advance.
    -Mike
    I have gone to the keys numerous times now (f450 / 35' Montana), I would grab fuel before even coming close to Key Largo. We do have a 49 gallon tank though so that does help. Even with 38 gallons you should be okay getting all the way down to Key West if you can grab a station on Route1. We come down from the west coast and grab fuel at the Miccosukee travel plaza before even getting on 27 and 997, and then run down to Key West from there. Hope that helps ya brother! Enjoy the Conch Republic!
    Last edited by DaleInFL; 12-17-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We drive down there every year. Fill up in Homestead or Florida city and you'll have plenty of fuel when you arrive. It's under 150 miles.

Then if you need to before you leave, you can tip off before you hook up.

Our limit is always my wife's bladder. There's a park on the way in, islamorada on the right where you can drive through and get back on the overseas highway without having to back up.

On the way back, the old k mart in Marathon works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleInFL View Post
    I have gone to the keys numerous times now (f450 / 35' Montana), I would grab fuel before even coming close to Key Largo. We do have a 49 gallon tank though so that does help. Even with 38 gallons you should be okay getting all the way down to Key West if you can grab a station on Route1. We come down from the west coast and grab fuel at the Miccosukee travel plaza before even getting on 27 and 997, and then run down to Key West from there. Hope that helps ya brother! Enjoy the Conch Republic!
    Quote Originally Posted by CVN Cheng View Post
    We drive down there every year. Fill up in Homestead or Florida city and you'll have plenty of fuel when you arrive. It's under 150 miles.

Then if you need to before you leave, you can tip off before you hook up.

Our limit is always my wife's bladder. There's a park on the way in, islamorada on the right where you can drive through and get back on the overseas highway without having to back up.

On the way back, the old k mart in Marathon works
    We're planning on staying a few days in Bonita Springs and head to the keys from there. I found a Pilot station on 41 just outside Miami. If I fuel there it's only 156 miles to Key West. Thanks for the info on the bathroom stops. We had to cancel our to Key West this year, so 2023 will be it! If you're in the Keys in April let us know.
    Thank you for the tips!
    -Mike
    2022 376THS-R w/B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
    MORryde 3 axle 7K IS w/disk brakes
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali DRW
    2014 HD CVO Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested in more information on the fuel tank. Who are you getting it through? Probably direct if it sits bellow the tonneau. I was looking more in the 50 gal direct flow. 110 gal would add almost 800 lbs to the truck. I wonder if that will have a noticeable impact on fuel mileage? Best of luck on your Alaska trip!
    -Mike
    Mine sits below the tonneau cover. I had it custom made for my F250 from a company in AZ. It is probably the best investment (Rving) I have made. Pair the auxiliary tank with a discount fuel card you save $$$ and it will eventually pay for itself. Its a combo tool/fuel with 60 gallon capacity. The gravity feeding wasn't working for me so a put a fuel pump on it and I have it wired to one of my upfitter switches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that your truck would be fine all he way from Homestead or even further north. Homestead to Key West is only 130 miles. If you fill up there you shouldn't have any problem and then you can disconnect, drive around and fill up the truck before you head back north. You wouldn't need any auxillary tanks which is just going to be more weight and a lower mpg.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be absolutely fine! :)

We are frequent Keys goers and we pull a trailer (not a fifth-wheel) from Boca--we never have to fill up between Boca and Bluewater Key (MM 14--almost Key West). Granted, we have a 36-gallon tank so that helps but you will be fine. Key Largo and Florida City (last point of mainland Florida) are places you can fill up if you must but it may be challenging with a 5th-wheel. The speed limit is much lower (55 in most places) in the Keys so you will do a little better on gas unless there is, heaven forbid, an accident. Also, people do NOT no how to merge so that can slow things down quite a bit. Depending on traffic, it usually takes about 2 - 2.5 hours to get from Key Largo to Key West. Enjoy your trip and I'll try not to be jealous!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123