User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    My mind is back at ease now that I've read members keeping the 7-pin as is. I just got worried after seeing and reading on the web the issues surrounding the alternator not realizing that they had altered the original setup.
    I will stay the course with my project phases and if I see any issues come up I will simply disconnect PIN 4 at the trailer end as suggested.
    Thanks you all.
    You might want to make sure it’s fused on the coach end. Mine wasn’t. You don’t want the coach batts feeding any fault that might occur on that charge wire.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now, since I dont have solar yet (phase 4 of my project), I'm leaning towards accelerating installing the DC to DC unit. We will sometimes boondock or use HH/BW for a day or 2 while on our trips. I could disable the charging from our TV but then I would have to rely on our geny if we run out or to low (not likely to really happen with 305ah with no invertor use).
    Larry, can you re-post that link. The video was only 2min on the one you posted originally.
    Steph, @Ynot4me2
    Sorry - I meant to send you to this video. It's from Morton's On The Move.

I viewed this a month or two ago and it sent me down the rabbit hole of how the Ford alternators work, what it means when you have 2 (I do), and etc. So now I've had time to monitor my alternators, their outputs, control lines (for activating/deactivating them when underway, and a whole lot of stuff I didn't know about the BMS (Battery Management System) in my truck. whew.... things aren't as simple as they use to be.

Anyhow - hopefully something in the video will help you out.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xrated:
    Great catch. You are spot on. I installed Victron MPII in my Solitude and it was almost a plug and play situation. Unplugged my OEM inverter/charger, ran my shore power to the Victron and then into the panel (of course with all the other components).

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question I hope.
    I'm doing a lithium drop in replacement to my LA as a first phase.
    I've been seing some info on the web that my truck alternator might take a hit trying to charge the lithium while traveling.
    Do I need to disable pin 4 in order to save the alternator or is this not necessary?
    Attachment 44414
    Find an electrical schematic for your truck. Or, look at the fuse boxes. Nearly all trucks have an 40 amp fuse between the alternator and the 7 pin at the back of your truck. Pickups generally have a minimum 80 amp alternator. As long as you have a fuse you shouldn't have a problem. You can always add a fuse rather than disable the 7 pin.
    Dustin and Doris

2018 2600RB
    2016 Tundra: 5.7L with towing package.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123