User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F250 Side Light headlights

While towing at night is not fun, not seeing the road you need to turn into is nerving. Several times on our long two month trip at night we had to make 90 degree turns into the campsite, with and without the trailer, and they don’t have street lights, so turning into the dark and unknown is risky.

I know some vehicles have their headlights move a bit, this would not help my new F250 so looking for an add on.

So, any one know if there is a small side mounted light that would come on and off when the blinker turns on/off for that side. Something that widens the light field to add to the headlight?
    Dark sky of the Texas Hill Country
    2022 2600RB
    Renogy; 1050 Watts Solar, 3000 Watt Inverter, Rover 100 Amp MPPT and DCC50S
    2022 F250 Lariat Godzilla 7.3L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that comes to mind is LED lights wired back to a switch. I recently added a few to my snowblower on my ATV. There's all sorts of size, shape, watts... setup was relatively easy.
    Nilight ZH303 2PCS 6.5 Inch 120W Spot & Flood Combo Driving 16AWG Wiring Harness for Led Work Light Triple Rows Off-Road Truck Car ATV SUV, 2 Years Warranty , White https://a.co/d/gUgTHLl
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not being a Ford guy I dunno if there's an aftermarket bolt on available. However, what you want to do is not complicated. A couple of LED spot pods, mount one to each front corner. Get two timer relays, one for each right and left. Use the turn signal wire to trigger the relay, the timer will span the flash duration, and then when you finally shut the blinker off or the clock spring does, the timer will count down to expiration and turn the light off. Take a look at Diode Dynamics Stage Series C1s in wide beam. These are very compact and very effective. I have a pair mounted to the back of my dump trailer to help me see where the tail is swinging when I'm backing in at night. Needed something compact that would let the split gate leaves fold back without interference. Work really great and I think could be a light that could tuck on the edge of your bumper.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some coach busses have a similar feature, when they turn on their blinker, a side light turns on for a short period of time.

I'm sure with some research, you could figure out an option that does the same thing, or just mount 2 side lights and hook them up to an upfitter switch.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    some coach busses have a similar feature, when they turn on their blinker, a side light turns on for a short period of time.

I'm sure with some research, you could figure out an option that does the same thing, or just mount 2 side lights and hook them up to an upfitter switch.
    Good idea. Will keep that in mind when my '23 F250 gets here. Already have some plans to use a few of the upfitter switches, can just add this to the list.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what I did, I added lights on the front and rear of my running boards and hooked them to my upfitter switches. I used "scene" lights as they have a large spread pattern. Rear-facing supplement my revising lights.

Aurora 4 Inch Scene LED Light
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of the fog lights on trucks will light up some of the front side area, you might want to check that. My '19 RAM when the wheel is turned, or the blinker is on at slow speeds, turns on the fog light for that side. It does okay, but in a dark area, I would want something brighter.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My F150 has side LED spots mounted in the mirrors. Might be something you can retrofit to your 250.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    My F150 has side LED spots mounted in the mirrors. Might be something you can retrofit to your 250.
    I got those and in 3 years, I only turned them on once. Just to try them. They do light up. Just never had a need to use them I guess.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Thanks, Hey I have those, I didn't know they had a manual switch. While in the garage I tested them, and they do light up towards the front/side and looks like it might work.

Thanks everyone for good ideas.
    Dark sky of the Texas Hill Country
    2022 2600RB
    Renogy; 1050 Watts Solar, 3000 Watt Inverter, Rover 100 Amp MPPT and DCC50S
    2022 F250 Lariat Godzilla 7.3L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast