Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nova Scotia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nova Scotia

Looking for info on traveling in Nova Scotia. Want to get to the Annapolis Valley region from Truro. All the maps take me down to Halifax and back up to the other coast. Looking at a map Rt 215 and 236 look more direct. Good roads, bad roads? Any info would be helpful.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, cannot help. I have been there once, 63 years ago when I was 17.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The roads are fine ,although it has been years since I have travelled that way, we maintain decent roads here in Canada
    Keep in mind though that the maritimes is full of hills. The coastline is very rugged so I hope you have the power to pull the trailer

Another route ,although very expensive, is from Saint John NB across to Digby if you are coming from NB
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We zig zaged Nova Scotia back in 2018 and roads were OK. Hilly and curvy like any other country roads but ok. Like @NB Canada mentioned, the ferry between Saint John's and Digby is another option depending on where you are coming from. We did it. BTW Nova Scotia is one of my favorite province and I've seen them all except Yukon.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjohn5801 View Post
    Looking for info on traveling in Nova Scotia. Want to get to the Annapolis Valley region from Truro. All the maps take me down to Halifax and back up to the other coast. Looking at a map Rt 215 and 236 look more direct. Good roads, bad roads? Any info would be helpful.
    Have you checked the satellite view on Google maps? We find it useful to get an idea of what kind of roads they are.

We've changed plans on occasion when we found that the road we were thinking of taking didn't even have a line down the middle, or seemed particularly narrow.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)