User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    OK, that makes sense. I didn't look at the specs that close and didn't realize it had enough torque to mount closer to the hinge. If you didn't need remote wireless control, wonder if the actuator controller is really needed. Looks like you could wire it with a DPDT switch and be fine.
    Yes you can. You need a double throw double pole, momentary reversing switch. You can find them pretty inexpensively at around $12-$15 each. The bear, for me, was wiring them. The remote is an easy wiring job and less thinking, which is good for those around me when I'm building stuff!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a momentary switch means you have to stand there and hold the switch while the actuator fully operates. On mine, that takes about 30 seconds. I simply used a double pole double throw switch. Flip the switch and let it go until the actuator internal limit switch causes it to stop. When you're done, just flip the switch the other way.

I just mounted the switch at the foot of the bed.
    2023 Imagine 2600RB (our 15th RV)
    2013 Nissan Armada Platinum
    Owned everything from 16' TT to a 38' class A DP

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDutchover View Post
    We added 120lb. struts on our 230RL to make up for a new comforter and winter blakets. After two years the hinges on the plywood base pulled out. Easy fix moved the hinges and reinstalled. Swapped them out for 80lb. struts. Never looked back.
    I bought the 80lb and 100lb struts from Amazon not knowing which would perform better. I installed the 80lb struts and that worked perfect. I think the 100lb would have been too difficult to get the bed down. I replaced the chincy foam mattress with this 10" Sweetnight which is what caused the 40lb struts to not be strong enough to hold up the bed any longer. These are the 80lb struts I upgraded to. FYI - the mattress has come down $120 from when I bought it at $453 on Aug 31, 2022.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH w/ ProPride 3P hitch 1000 lb WD
    2021 RAM 1500 4x4 BigHorn w/ 3.92 rear axle gear ratio

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurdockrv View Post
    I bought the 80lb and 100lb struts from Amazon not knowing which would perform better. I installed the 80lb struts and that worked perfect. I think the 100lb would have been too difficult to get the bed down. I replaced the chincy foam mattress with this 10" Sweetnight which is what caused the 40lb struts to not be strong enough to hold up the bed any longer. These are the 80lb struts I upgraded to. FYI - the mattress has come down $120 from when I bought it at $453 on Aug 31, 2022.
    We recently replaced our mattress with a Wilderness Montana Hybrid - RV Mattress. It weighs ~100#. So far, we have had very good performance from the OEM struts.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurdockrv View Post
    Realized that the mattress is bending the thin particle board plywood (OSB) that the mattress lays on near the foot while the struts hold it open. So I'll either need to add something to stiffen the OSB or just replace the OSB with plywood of the same thickness if I can find plywood that is reasonably flat and not warped already.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH w/ ProPride 3P hitch 1000 lb WD
    2021 RAM 1500 4x4 BigHorn w/ 3.92 rear axle gear ratio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123