User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dishwasher in place of Washer/Dryer on Solitude 3550

Our 5th wheel is being used full time and has a hookup for the washer and dryer under a cabinet in Kitchen area (as you walk in from the door to the right of the pantry) . It's rather large. We don't need the washer/dryer but a dishwasher would be great. Has anyone ever installed a dishwasher in this area? There is an outlet hot and cold water and discharge for water at the top left. Just wondering if anyone tried converting the cord to plug in and installed it in this area.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigi73 View Post
    Our 5th wheel is being used full time and has a hookup for the washer and dryer under a cabinet in Kitchen area (as you walk in from the door to the right of the pantry) . It's rather large. We don't need the washer/dryer but a dishwasher would be great. Has anyone ever installed a dishwasher in this area? There is an outlet hot and cold water and discharge for water at the top left. Just wondering if anyone tried converting the cord to plug in and installed it in this area.
    First off, it looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. It sounds like a great project, in theory, a dishwasher should be able to use the same hookups as the washer/dryer. Do you have a unit in mind that fits in the space?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's doable and been done. I don't believe either who have are members on this board though. It's just a matter of how handy you are and finding the right dishwasher for a fit. The two I know approached it differently. One reworked the cabinetry and installed a drawer dishwasher and created much improved cookware storage. The other used an apartment-size dishwasher with plastic wash cabinet for weight considerations in order to be able to wash pots and pans easier. The latter has higher water demand and grey water discharge as a result, but they also camp the majority at full hookup sites.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yes I am new here Honestly, the space is so big that it could possibly fit a normal sized dishwasher (in height and width and depth). The washer/dryer combo that would normally fit here would be much heavier than a dishwasher. 157lbs vs 95 lbs for a dishwasher. I was just curious if anyone ever tried doing this. I've looked online and haven't seen this done before. My concern would be the humidity inside of that cabinet.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As @geotex1 has said, I'm sure it's "doable." As full-timers, though, we would MUCH rather have a washer and dryer than a dishwasher (and our Solitude is prepped for both in separate locations). It's no big deal to wash dishes; going to a laundromat rates right up there with kissing alligators for us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about it. Todays dishwashers are really efficient on water use. That is a big plus for boondocking use. Water is usually our limiting factor. I never took a serious look at the AC consumption though. That might be a deal breaker for us.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigi73 View Post
    Thanks! Yes I am new here Honestly, the space is so big that it could possibly fit a normal sized dishwasher (in height and width and depth). The washer/dryer combo that would normally fit here would be much heavier than a dishwasher. 157lbs vs 95 lbs for a dishwasher. I was just curious if anyone ever tried doing this. I've looked online and haven't seen this done before. My concern would be the humidity inside of that cabinet.
    @Gigi73 -

I forgot to say "Welcome to the forum!" Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you choose to get a paid membership (nominal cost and well worth it), you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015