User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2600RB toilet water fill issue

I noticed that when I flush my toilet, it does not fill with water afterwards, 95% of the time. occasionally it will. I am connected to city water and have around 50psi. any ideas?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not supposed to fill with water at all. To add water, press down lightly on the flush pedal. You want them to not fill with water automatically otherwise you risk a wet ride to your next site. The ball valve keeps the stinky at bay.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver_rx7 View Post
    I noticed that when I flush my toilet, it does not fill with water afterwards, 95% of the time. occasionally it will. I am connected to city water and have around 50psi. any ideas?
    It should only put about a half inch of water in to help seal against odors. If it drains off you may need a new seal or just some plumbers grease on the seal.
    This is what I use https://www.amazon.com/Weldon-80427-...2-d605505c9d1e
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any idea why sometimes it fills (like a residential toilet would) (i.e. it runs for about 5 seconds....long enough to put a little more water in the bowl) and other times it only runs for a second (long enough to put the .5" of water?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any idea why sometimes it fills (like a residential toilet would) (i.e. it runs for about 5 seconds....long enough to put a little more water in the bowl) and other times it only runs for a second (long enough to put the .5" of water?
    That can happen if the ball valve in the bowl doesn't close all the way which is often an indication for the need to apply plumber's grease to the seal, as @Gronk1 mentioned. You can manually and gently pull up the foot pedal to get the valve to close completely, but without a good seal and/or grease, the water may still drain from the bowl.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    That can happen if the ball valve in the bowl doesn't close all the way which is often an indication for the need to apply plumber's grease to the seal, as @Gronk1 mentioned. You can manually and gently pull up the foot pedal to get the valve to close completely, but without a good seal and/or grease, the water may still drain from the bowl.
    I'll go with that as well as @uwskier and @Gronk1 ideas. Thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 seconds seems a bit long, but I do notice sometimes mine fills with an inch or two and other times it doesn't. Not sure exactly why but I think it has to do with the siphoning action of the water flowing out of the holes at the top of the bowl. There's water inside the assembly and some gets siphoned out from the momentum of the water flowing through. That's my theory. I've never seen mine fill more than 2" though. Just make sure it's not actually running, because that'd be bad. There's no ballcock valve to stop the incoming flow like on a residential toilet. And make sure it's as empty as possible before moving.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    5 seconds seems a bit long, but I do notice sometimes mine fills with an inch or two and other times it doesn't. Not sure exactly why but I think it has to do with the siphoning action of the water flowing out of the holes at the top of the bowl. There's water inside the assembly and some gets siphoned out from the momentum of the water flowing through. That's my theory. I've never seen mine fill more than 2" though. Just make sure it's not actually running, because that'd be bad. There's no ballcock valve to stop the incoming flow like on a residential toilet. And make sure it's as empty as possible before moving.
    I say 5 seconds but I don't really know the time. just making the point that it fills longer sometimes than it does other times and didn't know if that was normal, since this is my first RV. It definitely doesn't run all the time now, but I did have some issues with it running when I first got the RV and started filling the tanks and getting it hooked up to city water.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using softened water, ours has been performing the same as new and its 4+ years old. Infact, all of our water fixtures perform as new because of our 16k water softener usage. Would highly recommend using one for just such reasons.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to post an update on this issue in case someone else runs into the same problem.... so to recap: when I flush the toilet, it sometimes will run a few seconds longer than it normally does (normal indicating that pretty much as soon as the ball valve closes the water stops). once or twice (maybe three times) the toilet has continued to run to the point of overflowing after a flush. I discovered that if I pull up on the flush handle until I hear a click, the water will stop running. So, it seems there is something wrong with the flush handle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast