User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Chain lock or HD cable to the rv. I have a dual bike rack carrier on the back of the 5th wheel, so no options of a gen carrier there. If not using it while camping FHU, putting it in the tow, or towed vehicle locks it up for the night also. Just a simple option to save money vs having a permanent carrier built or attached.
    my carrier is made to slide into the reciever hitch, I use a large bolt, I think grade 5 double nutted instead of a hitch pin, I made an esternal sleeve so that another reciver could go in or in my case the bike rack that doesn't always go with us. Hitch is rated at 300 lbs. Generator full 130ish, spare tire 60 ish, bikes with carrier 70 ish, rack itself 30 ish. I since added a dog kennel at about 30 lbs. I am also sleeved into the 1 1/2 inch tub at the frame location to keep anything from rocking and adding a little support.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I carry a Yamaha 2k watt inverter generator suitcase . I always just set it inside the couch at or near the door entrance. The last thing in and 1st thing out when we arrive. No need for special storage holder.
    This. Keeps the generator from getting trashed while traveling, easy peasy.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toester View Post
    This. Keeps the generator from getting trashed while traveling, easy peasy.
    This is fine if you have a toy hauler but we're not putting anything with oil & gasoline in it in living area of the RV. With my luck Murphy's Law would take over.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123