User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marine6805 View Post
    Two issues I have are "Background Checks" and following popular social media enthusiasts (YouTube, etc.)
    As a former government employee doing a ton of background checks . . . .many can NOT even sort out the obvious differences in the person being checked vs. the person being reported in the check (height, weight, age, and/or race). Then those social media enthusiasts often have special arrangements made with their favorite campgrounds and often get in like reservations were NOT needed. Many private campgrounds also hold back a percentage of sites for this type of reason!
    Obviously . . . .my opinion only!
    Well... one would have to watch a lot of youtube vids to know about how those work, or, could call the CG and ask about the monthly rates and be told the requirements for obtaining one like we did and decided not to camp there. No opinion... just fact.

No hill for a first stepper either on BGs.. had plenty while as an Army IT soldier working in command communications. At least the military made sense.... but has the same stigmas when it comes to value.... (i.e. US Navy Walker brothers).
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not private, but it is getting so bad in CA they're proposing legislation to counter the no shows at state campgrounds.
    https://www.rvtravel.com/finally-pen...News+for+RVers

I stopped camping in my home state years ago at state CG due to the ridiculous reservation system, & the lack of the state not updating many CG since the '70s.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    Not private, but it is getting so bad in CA they're proposing legislation to counter the no shows at state campgrounds.
    https://www.rvtravel.com/finally-pen...News+for+RVers

I stopped camping in my home state years ago at state CG due to the ridiculous reservation system, & the lack of the state not updating many CG since the '70s.
    I'm in favor of that legislation and would love to see other states follow suit.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    We've been planning our 2023 camping trips. To my surprise I am finding that most private campgrounds are requiring a 50% or more nonrefundable deposit of the total fee. Is this the new norm? We have usually given one night's deposit to hold our reservation. Sometimes things happen to cause a cancellation. This big of a penalty seems unfair and more than likely the campground rents out the site. Is it greed or they trying to make up losses?
    Supply and demand! We have stopped staying at several campgrounds that all the sudden think they are a 5 star hotel! One such campground is charging $167 dollars a night to camp!!! NO THANKS! I will stop camping after 38 years if they all go to that extreme! Also, as you have seen many are requiring more up front and some even have a NO RETURN pollicy! If you book two weeks and get sick you just lose several hundred dollars! NO THANKS, stopped camping there also!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345