User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOLD 2020 351M for sale -

Thinking of selling our 351M to order a 410TH.

This is a 2020 unit (pre-COVID), that was well optioned from the factory. Some of the major factory options:

Generator
    Dual fuel refrigerator
    Exterior entertainment center (never used)
    Happi-Jac rear bed/sofa
    Gen 2 glass 3 season doors
    Heat pump AC

And then, a laundry list of options added over the years we've owned it:

20K Reese Goosebox
    Furrion 3 camera system
    JoyRider/Comfort ride shocks
    Saulin 637 tires (replaced last September, ~3000 miles); /85 profile to get a little more height and weight capacity
    8K Dexter springs (added this past fall)
    SRE4000 suspension (stock was the 3000, 4000 has more travel and rubber dampening)
    X-Factor cross brace on middle spring hangers
    New wet bolts (changed them all when I did the suspension)
    Variable speed (quieter) water pump
    100AH lithium battery (added fall 2022)
    Softstarts on front 2 ACs (can run one of those units on a 15A/standard household plug with the softstart)
    RV Airflow silencers on all 3 units
    Secondary transfer switch added for additional generator and/or solar (I used it to connect a small inverter generator)
    Wineguard Connect 2.0

This has been a very good RV for us; very few problems compared to many (all RVs have issues, anyone telling you otherwise is lying). The only reason we're looking to sell is to go to a bigger unit. My wife is in love with one of the Luxe models ($$$$!!!), I really like the 410TH (also not cheap, but better than Luxe!).

This unit has been rigorously maintained. If you notice the pole barn next to the unit in some of the pictures, there's a full shop in that building; we live on a farm, we take maintenance very seriously and have more tools in that building than a Snap-On truck. Bearings pulled, everything sent through the parts washer and repacked every year (along with brakes). Last year we did a complete suspension overhaul (which is why it's now of 8K springs, the 7K factory springs were just not sized correctly for this unit). Generator oil changed yearly, slides lubricated all the time, rubber parts protected regularly with 303, there's a grease gun holder we added to the propane area so we could continue to lubricate parts while we traveled. Goosebox torn down, surfaces honed to reduce squeaking. RV landing pads/feet pulled last month, sandblasted and repainted (getting a little rust). Front cap ceramic coated last year.

This RV is ready to camp. In fact, we just got back from camping last week, which is why it's a little dirty in the pictures.

Located in Gaffney, SC; happy to deliver up to a few 100 miles if you don't have a truck that can tow it yet. We tow with a 2019 F450, which is overkill for this trailer; we also towed it with a F250 and it was "OK", I'd consider it "adequate"; but a dually is significantly better if you'll be towing often.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N7K_3761.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	45107

Name:	N7K_3762.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	45108

Name:	N7K_3764.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	45109

Name:	N7K_3765.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	45110

Name:	N7K_3769.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	45111
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-25-2023 at 06:37 AM. Reason: SOLD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	N7K_3770.jpg 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	45112

Name:	N7K_3772.jpg 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	45113

Name:	N7K_3776.jpg 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	45114

Name:	N7K_3778.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	45115

Name:	N7K_3787.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	45116

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	N7K_3775.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	45117

Name:	N7K_3781.jpg 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	45118

Name:	N7K_3782.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	45119

Name:	N7K_3780.jpg 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	45120

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link to the RVTrader for our RV, has some more pictures and will have a video shortly (when it stops raining!).

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...51M-5025318971

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking rig and good luck with the sale. Those Luxe RVs will get you every time. Wife saw them and... We have a Luxe 47FB that's been in production since January that should be ready in 4-6 weeks.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    Good looking rig and good luck with the sale. Those Luxe RVs will get you every time. Wife saw them and... We have a Luxe 47FB that's been in production since January that should be ready in 4-6 weeks.
    Hope you post some pictures when you get it.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Hope you post some pictures when you get it.
    Same here, please post up pictures!

We're looking at the 44 or 45FB. Seen a few of them now, very nice. Luxe and New Horizons, both are a step up from most of the other manufacturers (New Horizons even more so). Many of the other "luxury" brands, I seriously wouldn't have traded my 351M straight up for them (DRV, for example). Grand Design really has 80% of the "high end" models at <50% of the cost.

It really is "little things" that define the jump from GD to Luxe (IMHO, of course), things like soft touch walls (which my wife loved in the Luxe), IS from the factory, 7K generator (diesel available!). But it's not huge, it really isn't, and the price jump is huge. And some of the brands people rave about at the very high end, I just don't see it; if you want 2-3X the price of a GD, it has to be better in just about EVERY way. DRV was the biggest disappointment for us, huge uplift in price, and in many ways, Grand Design is ahead, in some areas WAY ahead (I'm still trying to get over the wiring I saw in a DRV, it was like something out of a "don't even do this" in an electrician's code book).

We are still considering another GD; likely the 410TH; but man; the dealerships aren't making it easy. One of the big selling points for Luxe, at least for me, is dealing direct with the factory and avoiding "dealer bingo" to find someone who will provide a good price. The dealership model is killing the legacy auto makers, I'm not sure it has that long to live for new RVs either; too many options available, if you're going to buy new, it really should be a factory order so you can get what you want (I should have followed my own advice, one of the big misses on our 351M is dual pane windows, I should have kept searching for one that has them because we do most of our camping in cold weather).

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post

We're looking at the 44 or 45FB. Seen a few of them now, very nice. Luxe and New Horizons, both are a step up from most of the other manufacturers (New Horizons even more so). Many of the other "luxury" brands, I seriously wouldn't have traded my 351M straight up for them (DRV, for example). Grand Design really has 80% of the "high end" models at <50% of the cost.

It really is "little things" that define the jump from GD to Luxe (IMHO, of course), things like soft touch walls (which my wife loved in the Luxe), IS from the factory, 7K generator (diesel available!). But it's not huge, it really isn't, and the price jump is huge. And some of the brands people rave about at the very high end, I just don't see it; if you want 2-3X the price of a GD, it has to be better in just about EVERY way. DRV was the biggest disappointment for us, huge uplift in price, and in many ways, Grand Design is ahead, in some areas WAY ahead (I'm still trying to get over the wiring I saw in a DRV, it was like something out of a "don't even do this" in an electrician's code book).

We are still considering another GD; likely the 410TH; but man; the dealerships aren't making it easy. One of the big selling points for Luxe, at least for me, is dealing direct with the factory and avoiding "dealer bingo" to find someone who will provide a good price. The dealership model is killing the legacy auto makers, I'm not sure it has that long to live for new RVs either; too many options available, if you're going to buy new, it really should be a factory order so you can get what you want (I should have followed my own advice, one of the big misses on our 351M is dual pane windows, I should have kept searching for one that has them because we do most of our camping in cold weather).
    I'd recommend contacting Cookeville RV in TN. Adam West was my salesman, but overall it was a great experience. They weren't pushy on dealer add-ons, told them a price I had with another dealer and beat it by $5k without any effort. I did an order with them, it wasn't something off the lot.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend Mike at Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA, great dealer to work with. (706) 935-8883.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRV used to be a lot better of a trailer than what it is now. r bought out DRV and what you are seeing is an example of what Thor does to trailer company's after they buy them.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast