User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, we met a lady with a big Mobile Suite about 15 years ago, and she said she had to take it back to the factory to get all the problems fixed.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    FWIW, we met a lady with a big Mobile Suite about 15 years ago, and she said she had to take it back to the factory to get all the problems fixed.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm going to reach out; all those dealers are driving distance for me. I'd really like to see a production 410 (I saw the prototype in Tampa), seems they are kind of like an F450, good luck seeing a new one on the lot!

I have no illusions that any of these RVs are going to be trouble free. Luxe, New Horizons, even SpaceCraft; all of them will have problems. What I do feel sets those 3 apart from others is that they are built with nicer components; Morryde IS for example, larger generators (if that matters to you) and the interior is quite a bit nicer than what we have now. Everything is dovetailed; soft close, etc. Is it twice as good or will you have 1/2 as many problems? No, and not a chance! It's mostly "show" rather than "go" from what I've seen (with the exception of IS and 17.5" tires, that's actually a functional upgrade). But there's no question in my mind that I'll be crawling in/under it within 6 months of purchase fixing something.

Which is why I'm still very open to GD; ours has been very good; we had one "production related" issue, the screws in the door to the garage were stripped, which caused the door to sag and not close correctly. A few pieces of trim that came loose after using it for quite some time. But, honestly, the quality of GD has been, IMHO, good to very good, especially compared to other horror stories out there. Granted, our RV is a "pre-COVID" build, I do understand that all manufacturers had a quality dip in the last few years, but I have absolutely no ill will towards GD. Honestly, if they'd push further upmarket with some units, they would be at the top of my list. Two big ones for me, no IS from the factory is a miss, GD should have that (they used to from what I understand). And soft touch walls; man, what a difference they make in the feel (and sound) of the unit. Also, please, another generator option, diesel would be great, but just a fuel injected gas inverter generator would be fine.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Same here, please post up pictures!

We're looking at the 44 or 45FB. Seen a few of them now, very nice. Luxe and New Horizons, both are a step up from most of the other manufacturers (New Horizons even more so). Many of the other "luxury" brands, I seriously wouldn't have traded my 351M straight up for them (DRV, for example). Grand Design really has 80% of the "high end" models at <50% of the cost.

It really is "little things" that define the jump from GD to Luxe (IMHO, of course), things like soft touch walls (which my wife loved in the Luxe), IS from the factory, 7K generator (diesel available!). But it's not huge, it really isn't, and the price jump is huge. And some of the brands people rave about at the very high end, I just don't see it; if you want 2-3X the price of a GD, it has to be better in just about EVERY way. DRV was the biggest disappointment for us, huge uplift in price, and in many ways, Grand Design is ahead, in some areas WAY ahead (I'm still trying to get over the wiring I saw in a DRV, it was like something out of a "don't even do this" in an electrician's code book).

We are still considering another GD; likely the 410TH; but man; the dealerships aren't making it easy. One of the big selling points for Luxe, at least for me, is dealing direct with the factory and avoiding "dealer bingo" to find someone who will provide a good price. The dealership model is killing the legacy auto makers, I'm not sure it has that long to live for new RVs either; too many options available, if you're going to buy new, it really should be a factory order so you can get what you want (I should have followed my own advice, one of the big misses on our 351M is dual pane windows, I should have kept searching for one that has them because we do most of our camping in cold weather).
    Will do with the pictures. We loved our Grand Design, and don't regret it one bit, even with the issues we had at first. Wife just absolutely fell in love with Luxe and then I did, too. We like the 45FB, but wanted a little larger of a garage. We like the 46FB but again wanted the larger garage (slightly) and larger main living area (again ,slightly) t's a it more than little things in differences, but there are a lot of little things that add up quick. We heavily researched and toured all of the big "luxury" 5th wheels (New Horizons, Riverstone, DRV, the now defunct Van Leigh, SpaceCraft, and Luxe). We were leaning towards DRV, and then walked through a new one and walked away, knowing it was not for us. The SpaceCraft was next, but after getting to tour through one, we really liked it, but the full custom and designs geared towards MDT/HDT tractors, we thought it just wasn't in our wheelhouse. Got to go through a new Riverstone and was surprised at how bad the build quality was vs. our GD. Then it was between New Horizons and Luxe. BOTH are what you'd expect from high end brands and both have things they do a little bit better than the other. NH frames built in house, vs. custom design manufactured by Lippert on the Luxe and walls on the Luxe being a thicker, graphite closed cell insulation being the big two that was hard to decide for us (well that and we could put a side patio on the 47FB). I liked NH roofing better, but Luxe is pretty hefty, too. The BIG seller for us on getting away from GD was getting away from the dealer and chain of command for warranty issues. I did lose the ability to negotiate and get a stellar 34% off MSRP, but that was when the 395 MSRP was $140k and now it's like $180k for the same packagaes. I didnt think thr 395 was worth 100k, let alons 140k for full time use. We know to expect issues, even on the Luxe, but Luxe includes a 5 year warranty and you can add Mobile techs to that for less than $200, so that helps a little to ease the mine. If I wanted to go full custom as opposed to semi custom with Luxe, I'd go NH for sure.

Diesel generator was not available BUT, I bought a commercial QD unit and drop shipped it to Luxe and they gladly put in the diesel generator and diesel fuel tanks. The factory IS suspension is NOT the MorRyde, but a Decter version, I believe. We upgraded to the MorRyde.

I could list all the major differences and if all that is worth the extra 100k, we'll I'll let you know in a few years!

Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm going to reach out; all those dealers are driving distance for me. I'd really like to see a production 410 (I saw the prototype in Tampa), seems they are kind of like an F450, good luck seeing a new one on the lot!

I have no illusions that any of these RVs are going to be trouble free. Luxe, New Horizons, even SpaceCraft; all of them will have problems. What I do feel sets those 3 apart from others is that they are built with nicer components; Morryde IS for example, larger generators (if that matters to you) and the interior is quite a bit nicer than what we have now. Everything is dovetailed; soft close, etc. Is it twice as good or will you have 1/2 as many problems? No, and not a chance! It's mostly "show" rather than "go" from what I've seen (with the exception of IS and 17.5" tires, that's actually a functional upgrade). But there's no question in my mind that I'll be crawling in/under it within 6 months of purchase fixing something.

Which is why I'm still very open to GD; ours has been very good; we had one "production related" issue, the screws in the door to the garage were stripped, which caused the door to sag and not close correctly. A few pieces of trim that came loose after using it for quite some time. But, honestly, the quality of GD has been, IMHO, good to very good, especially compared to other horror stories out there. Granted, our RV is a "pre-COVID" build, I do understand that all manufacturers had a quality dip in the last few years, but I have absolutely no ill will towards GD. Honestly, if they'd push further upmarket with some units, they would be at the top of my list. Two big ones for me, no IS from the factory is a miss, GD should have that (they used to from what I understand). And soft touch walls; man, what a difference they make in the feel (and sound) of the unit. Also, please, another generator option, diesel would be great, but just a fuel injected gas inverter generator would be fine.
    We actually declined the soft touch walls (Two young kiddos and I know those vinyl soft touch wouldn't withstand toddlers!). We toured two units one with and one without and the sound and feel were noticeable for sure, but very pricey to add to the 47FB and we didn't see the added cost worth it.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. sorry to hijack thread, hopefully it helps keep it on top!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the related topic [emoji6]

We sold 2 trailers on Facebook marketplace fairly easy. Might want to list there as well if it's not already.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Back to the related topic [emoji6]

We sold 2 trailers on Facebook marketplace fairly easy. Might want to list there as well if it's not already.
    Good suggestion, thank you. I'm having a little trouble keeping up with the inquiries from RV Trader, if it slows down a little bit I'll get it on FB too; but doesn't seem like the market is near as "soft" as some of the dealers are claiming. Of course, we'll see, it's cheap to ask questions and talk about coming by to see it, a lot different to pull out a check.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added an interior and exterior walk through of the unit. Exterior is long going through all the changes/additions:

Interior Video: https://youtu.be/4o8KIOgicpA
    Exterior Video: https://youtu.be/qeDQeL2EAHo

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold and off to it's new home. Thank you for the interest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12