Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heating Issue in 22MLE

I currently own a 2020 Imagine 17MKE and am looking to purchase a 22MLE. I went to look at a 2021 22 MLE yesterday and the owner mentioned to me that one of the things he didn't like about the camper was that in moderate cold weather his furnace never shut off because it couldn't get the camper warm enough, set to 68 degrees. This camper had a vent in the bathroom, one about 18" away in the kitchen and just one more, I believe on the left side of the bed. Didn't seem like good placement of the vents. Has anyone had the same experience? My rig warms up within minutes, however it is 4' shorter. I appreciate any input, thank you.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t base anything on what one persons opinion is
    Pretty simple system
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I wouldn’t base anything on what one persons opinion is
    Pretty simple system
    I'm not, just asking a question to get others input.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't had any heating issues with ours. And we usually do most of our camping early spring and late fall where outside temp can fall low, even below freezing sometimes. The furnace will cycle more often than at a stick and brick, which is understandable. BTW don't have a ceiling vent over the bed, only 1 in the bath and 1 in the kitchen, albeit only a few feet away.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with @Ynot4me2. No issue heating the MLE up. I didn't like the bathroom vent because it nearly singes your toes when on the pot. It's plenty warm in the rig, and under belly and front cubby heating works very well for sub-freezing temps (at least down to about 18 I know). But yes, the furnace runs a lot. No more than any other trailer or motorhome we've had though; it's certainly better insulated than some of the older units I've had which were before the foam filled and bonded structures were common. If you're going to camp in cold weather, you're going to burn propane.

Also, only vents are bathroom and kitchen, not over the bed. Not needed though since it's one big open space anyway. Loved our MLE!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours in late fall and spent the first weekend in it with nights in the upper 20's. No trouble staying warm running the propane furnace. It is true that most of the heat come in at the rear because that is where the furnace is. There is one heat duct up front on one side of the bed which is only moderately effective because the duct running to it is so long. I'm glad there are no ducts / dirt collectors in the floor though. The only quirk we found is that we had to set the thermostat temp higher than what we would do at home. At home we usually sleep with the temp set to 64-65. In the MLE we set it to more like 68-69. Even though it is a fairly small, open floorplan, the thermostat is in the back of the camper where it heats up first and so the bed can be chilly by comparison. IMO this biggest limitation in cold weather camping is the windows. I would not want to spend much time in sub-freezing temps in any camper with single pane glass.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heating Issue in 22MLE

Not a bad idea to ask to run the heat to see for yourself. Quite often expectations may be much greater than reality, and most likely this is working as designed.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to all that was said. One great thing about the 22mle is its 100% usable with the slide closed and the location of the furnace and main duct is not blocked. We had to use our 22mle with the slide closed on a few occasions.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE