User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 370FLS

Well here we go, opinions etc. Please.
    We are looking at changing from our 337 to possibly the 370.
    A couple things: Anyone Familiar with:
    The new 12 volt fridge? How well is it cooling? etc.
    How bout the on demand water heater, you still need to run water while it gets hot water to the faucet?
    All in all it looks like a great floor plan, just the few little things, like all units.
    Your opions and comments are welcome.
    thanks, Jefff
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read, the 12V fridges work well, cool quickly, don't need an inverter like the residential ones, and seem to be pretty trouble-free.

I don't care for the idea of on-demand water heaters. We are hooked to shore power mostly and like the idea of using the RV park electricity to heat our water, rather than using our propane. Not really sure what the benefits are supposed to be. Just seems to be a solution in search of a problem. JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never understood the change to tankless. Complete failure imo. Tank systems have worked great for decades plus with ac power not an option it is a negative value

As far as fridges…personally I think they need a lot of work.
    They should have had the bugs figured out by now but I wouldn’t be interested
    If my absorption fridge ever quits I will put in a residential one
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks and for me too, I like the trouble free process that i have had for over 20 years with a tank full of hot water. we still nomrally only turn it on if needed and utilize park electricity to heat water. Fridge is on the same thought process. In all the years, flushing a water heater and keeping the back of the fridge clean, never had an issue other than a couple adjustments and have never replaced one. UGH for that, I would buy the unity tomorrow if not for those issues, maybe i'll look at it again and figue out a way, if any to move fridge to outside wall, replace it and the same with the water heater.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our tech tells us that they've gotten the compressor issues worked out of the 12VDC fridges now and they are good units. Since they are compressor fridges, they cool just like a residential fridge.

As full-timers, an on-demand HWH would be a no-go for us. They have freezing issue in the winter and don't run on electric.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to check with GD and see if there is an option to change the water heater for sure and maybe the fridge as well to the regular ones. UGH I guess for now.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    I will have to check with GD and see if there is an option to change the water heater for sure and maybe the fridge as well to the regular ones. UGH I guess for now.
    They might do the WH for a fee but no way they would put an absorption fridge in
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they would install an absorption fridge, which I doubt, the cost would be exorbitant. You'd probably be looking at another couple thousand dollars, or more. One of the reasons for the 12V compressor fridges is the reduced cost.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD will not switch out the HWH at the factory. I've seen a couple of threads on the forums where people have paid their dealers to do it - or have done it themsleves. Why would you want to switch for an absorption refrigerator? There are people who boondock a lot and love them, but we hated ours when we had one.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    GD will not switch out the HWH at the factory. I've seen a couple of threads on the forums where people have paid their dealers to do it - or have done it themsleves. Why would you want to switch for an absorption refrigerator? There are people who boondock a lot and love them, but we hated ours when we had one.

Rob
    I would 2nd that!
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast