User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe i missed something,
    do you guys not like the water heater or the fridge.
    We also boon dock a lot and after doing some reading, it looks like the fridge most likely would be fine, water heater though, not for sure. Anyhow, still trying to decide if i want to bite the bullet and spend $100 K for a new fifth wheel.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    maybe i missed something,
    do you guys not like the water heater or the fridge.
    We also boon dock a lot and after doing some reading, it looks like the fridge most likely would be fine, water heater though, not for sure. Anyhow, still trying to decide if i want to bite the bullet and spend $100 K for a new fifth wheel.
    There are those who will differ, but in this thread the consensus seems to be like the 12VDC compressor fridges; HATE the on-demand water heaters.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There are those who will differ, but in this thread the consensus seems to be like the 12VDC compressor fridges; HATE the on-demand water heaters.

Rob
    When you're right, you're right.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As full-timers, an on-demand HWH would be a no-go for us. They have freezing issue in the winter and don't run on electric.

Rob
    Other than the freezing issue and inability to run on electric, does the on demand heater work OK? Any other issues? I would personally not want one but don't know if it would be a deal killer.

I've got to help my neighbor replace one in his class C mh next week, so it will be my first time to work with one.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Other than the freezing issue and inability to run on electric, does the on demand heater work OK? Any other issues? I would personally not want one but don't know if it would be a deal killer.

I've got to help my neighbor replace one in his class C mh next week, so it will be my first time to work with one.
    It wastes propane heating up the water while you're waiting for the hot water to get to the faucet and, as a result, if you're boondocking it uses more fresh water and fills up the gray tanks faster.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wastes propane heating up the water while you're waiting for the hot water to get to the faucet and, as a result, if you're boondocking it uses more fresh water and fills up the gray tanks faster.

Rob
    Kitchen sink for sure - takes a bit to get warm but the bathroom sink and shower (right above the HWH) actually gets hot almost instantly so very little to no waste of fresh water there. So far I have had good luck with it on my rig other than having to use my propane vice the CG's electric. Another thing to be careful with the tankless units is you really need to use air (and a lot of it) to get all the water out when winterizing it. And then run pink through it. If you don't get all the water out, it is very sensitive to freezing up and cracking the tubing near the mixing bowl low spot (or the bowl itself).
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we went back and looked again at the trailer, while there, I took a look at the water heater from the outside and it appears the cabinet / or cutout where it is installed looks the same size and depth as a regular water heater. so that should be able to be changed out pretty simply.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    we went back and looked again at the trailer, while there, I took a look at the water heater from the outside and it appears the cabinet / or cutout where it is installed looks the same size and depth as a regular water heater. so that should be able to be changed out pretty simply.
    Of course for a large fee. I would guess 800 plus
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if anyone has done any testing with a comparative length of pipe from tank WH to tank less regarding how long it takes to get hot water. In theory, it's the same length of pipe, so it really shouldn't be any different on how much cold water comes out before the hot water.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Of course for a large fee. I would guess 800 plus
    well i knowfor us, we are usually pretty good and practice the process at home as well;
    run hot water only when brushing teeth or shaving so the hot water makes it to the fixture, that water is going to be used anyway, so use hot side to save just runnign water down the drain. She also does that for kitchen and dishes, runs only hot to sink, it is cold at first, but shortly it is hot, maybe a half gallon until hot gets there, usually need a little cold anyway to get temp right. All in all, we all have our little OCD's and life goes on. Just adjusting and getting out of our comfort zone is difficult for me at times. BUT, again, we will figure it out. I plan on making a call to GD and maybe Furion this week.
    Have a great rest of yoru day everyone! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast