User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotandlisavl View Post
    I asked if they do it for a fee. I offered to pay. Any car dealer would be happy to have you in as a paying customer I think.
    You might be able to find a mobile RV tech who would give you an orientation for a fee, and they would even come to you.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I purchased privately from owner who never used it once. It's "new" and has yet to go on it's maiden voyage. I did get the warranty transfered by Grand Design succesfully.
    Keep in mind the original purchase date Even though it hasn’t been used the warranty started from that date and unfortunately only the 1 year warranty transfers. The structural and roof warranty is voided

What questions did you have about your hitch?
    What hitch do you have and did you assemble it?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If info about how to use your trailer, hoohup/disconnect, weight questions, etc., and your willing to pay for it, call a local RV tech and ask if they are familiar with your RV.

If so, you can pay them to come out and do your walk thru. Im sure at their rates, they'd be MORE than happy to come out and discuss your needs. Tickled pink.... comes to mind.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 03-14-2023 at 09:03 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 1000's of YouTube videos out there on how to setup a WDH. If you physically can't do it then so be it.
    Don't know what kind of WDH you have but you can google https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Wei...ion_Hitch.aspx and they have videos on every WDH they sell.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I purchased privately from owner who never used it once. It's "new" and has yet to go on it's maiden voyage. I did get the warranty transfered by Grand Design succesfully.
    At least you have the friendly folks on this forum that will back you up whether you purchased from us or not (just kidding, we don't sell RVs). @sande005 gave you good advice, a mobile tech may be your best bet. You'll be paying them by the hour, and most aren't cheap, but it will be worth it if you avoid just one expensive mistake. And it would be helpful to have a relationship with a mobile tech for the inevitable repairs that you will likely need in the future.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also a number of training programs out there. NRVTA has an Educated Owner course, for instance.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got a lot of good answers so far. This place is great, I've learned so much from the great members on here. Simply ask your question and someone will help you.
    I'll also second the Mobile Tech. He be able to look over your rig for any issues and dial in your WDH at the same time.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a never used new "used" Imagine 23lde and want to get a purchase orientation. I also wanted to make sure my weight distribution hitch is carrying the trailer correctly. I called my nearest Grand Design dealer to request help on this and was told "we don't do that". I guess I'll need to call Grand Design and ask where to go or just start calling other dealers or something. I thought Grand Design was so great with this type of thing??
    Congrats on your new Imagine! As others have said, this forum and YouTube will help you immensely. I have been RVing for 15 years and still learn some tricks or useful info from watching the endless videos on rv'ing. Welcome to Grand Design.
    2022 Momentum 21G
    300ah LiFePo4, 525 watt solar
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought is that there are many Grand Design groups on facebook. Most likely someone experienced close by that would be glad to help you out. May even be a facebook group for your specific model.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first. Buy a big toolbox.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast