User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Does that show the actual readings for how level the trailer is?
    Yeah---it will show digital, decimal values both positive and negative for front-to-back and side-to-side leveling of the RV......at least mine did. I used those functions and readings all the time.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant View Post
    I have only set up my new Reflection 5th wheel a few times, but performance of the auto-level system (four stabilizers) has been erratic. But the thing that surprises me most is that it seems to have done the best job on the worst (most uneven) sites. Last week, I brought it home and parked it in it's garage on a totally level concrete floor. It lifted all four wheels off the ground and left the rear noticeably higher than the front, not even close to level, but the controller happily declared "Success!" When I retracted the rear stabilizers to a point where the trailer was actually level, the wheels were comfortably back on the floor. Obviously, an imperfect technology.
    check your sensors for proper installation
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sometimes flashes some numbers on the display during the leveling process, but doesn't leave them there long enough to make any sense out of them. At the end of the process, it either gives you it's "Success!" proclamation or an error code (about 50/50 so far). The Owner's Manual, which covers the whole Reflection series, including the 150s, isn't a lot of help. It describes two other controllers, but not this one. Between piecing together the instructions there and simple exploration, I am now pretty competent with this controller. When it gets done, I check the result with a physical level and make manual adjustments as needed. I've just concluded that it's one more piece of technology that sometimes works. That seems to be the way of the world these days!
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS
    2022 RAM 3500 DRW HO, long bed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sometimes flashes some numbers on the display during the leveling process, but doesn't leave them there long enough to make any sense out of them. At the end of the process, it either gives you it's "Success!" proclamation or an error code (about 50/50 so far). The Owner's Manual, which covers the whole Reflection series, including the 150s, isn't a lot of help. It describes two other controllers, but not this one. Between piecing together the instructions there and simple exploration, I am now pretty competent with this controller. When it gets done, I check the result with a physical level and make manual adjustments as needed. I've just concluded that it's one more piece of technology that sometimes works. That seems to be the way of the world these days!
    I realize it's a PIA, but have you physically checked to make sure the sensor/s are properly placed and the securing bolts are tight? I have read about sensor being loose, and causing erratic behavior.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Yeah---it will show digital, decimal values both positive and negative for front-to-back and side-to-side leveling of the RV......at least mine did. I used those functions and readings all the time.
    I use that screen also, but I believe the numbers displayed are only as accurate as the last calibration.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I realize it's a PIA, but have you physically checked to make sure the sensor/s are properly placed and the securing bolts are tight? I have read about sensor being loose, and causing erratic behavior.
    I have no idea where the sensors are or what they look like. I'm still in serious education mode. Only had the trailer six weeks.
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid they didn't grace me with a screen. I have to depend on this:
    Attachment 45269
    That looks like the same controller that I have in my rig. Except mine is right side up.lol. If I scroll through the up and down buttons mine will take me to a screen that shows the degrees of being level. Works well. I did have my auto level tell me that the rig was level and I checked this screen and it showed it as being off by just a little. I then manually leveled it with the control pad and then did a reset. Now when I auto level it shows it as being right at zero and my entry door closes much easier.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    Has anyone run into this issue? Not all the time but probably at least half the time, the Auto Level feature sets my RV level but lifts some or all of the tires off the ground to achieve that. As I watch it process, it seems like it can't ever lower any of the jacks to achieve level, only continue raising them in an alternating fashion to get to level. So again the unit is level but somewhat shaky when you walk around in it when the tires are off the ground. I have not tried to recalibrate them as the system obviously recognizes what "level" is, just doesn't seem to be able to do anything but go up in terms of adjustments! Has anyone possibly tried manually getting their RV to the lowest possible level height, than recalibrating the leveling system? I'm unclear as to whether the leveling system considers the overall height of the unit in it's "determination" of needed adjustments. The unit is a Solitude 344 GK with Lippert hydraulic jacks. Would appreciate any insight anyone can offer.
    I have the electric jacks on my rig with the auto level. After the first couple of times that It lifted the tires on one side off the ground, I would wait until it said level, and tires off the ground, I would then hit the retract all button until it lowered the rv some and then would abort the retract all process. I then hit auto level and it would bring the rig to level without hardly raising it at all. The problem of leveling high has seemed to correct itself after doing that a couple of times.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow me to post my 2 cents here as I'm fairly new at 5th wheeling. With the little experience I've had with the Auto Level, I'm not very impressed! Sure it works fantastic at the dealership on perfectly level tarmac. Take it home to my fairly level driveway and voila, auto level doesn't work as expected. What I have discovered whether it is true or not, the leveling system is happy when the jacks extend roughly the same distance, and you have to start with an almost level RV to begin with. So what I use is nesting 2x8's with wheel chocks attached to them (purchased from Amazon). I just bought myself an auto level pro (also purchased from Amazon) that I can use on my phone app to see my RV level as I'm backing into a site. If my app tells me I am low on one side by 1.5 inches, I will add only one 2x8. I will also add a 1.5 inch block of wood under the leveling jacks on the same side. No more guessing or getting in out of the truck to see how much to need level the rig. Also, the hitch height feature is not that helpful at all. Once the auto level fails and you start maneuvering the jacks in manual, the hitch height memory disappears! Lame. With the auto level pro, you can record the hitch height and easily return your RV to that height.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I moved my trailer today and set it up on my driveway, which has a fair amount of slope. Auto-level again left the back tires almost two inches off the ground. When I manually retracted the rear jacks, there was a bang under the trailer. The only thing I can see is that the spring retainers between the axles are cockeyed now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer Spring Retainer.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	45542
    (Hopefully this one will land right side up!) The retainers would normally be pretty symmetrical. Does someone know what is going on there? I have manually leveled the trailer and all four wheels are now firmly on the ground. It made a small improvement on this picture, but it's still not anywhere near straight.

BTW, I found the leveling indicators referenced by @lorend when manually leveling it. When I get it to where the screen says it's level, a carpenter's level on the floor of the trailer says it is badly tail high. (enough that you can tell just by walking in the trailer). That seems to give support to the earlier suggestions that one of the sensors is loose or out of position.

Any help with the spring issue would be most appreciated. Now I'm afraid to pull it and I'm planning lo leave on a five-week trek out west in two weeks!
    2022 Reflection 320 MKS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast