User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    May I ask how you connected the Furrion with the Renogy panels? Or, did you leave the Furrion separate with the OEM controller? I want to add solar and not sure if I should just replace the Furrion panel and controller that came with the unit...?
    I looked for a panel that was a reputable brand that had as similar an operating current as I could find. This led me to the Renogy 200w. I then wired them in series along with the 165w Furrion and has me using the stock Furrion 50A controller, stock lines from the roof to the front bay, and then it feeds into the rest of my system. I basically just had to cut into the wires on the roof going into the Furrion panel, crimp in some MC4 connectors, and then setup a series run of new wires. It was pretty easy and I have a system that should have 563w max. I'm about to change to a Victron controller but only because I'm a sucker for data and I want the extra box and info on my VRM.

I have a post about my whole build on another forum, I should probably copy it over here and make a post to share.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave&Lynn View Post
    How does the inverter get tied in? Any links or tips appreciated
    OK, just to be clear, the inverter is the device that converts DC current such as you would get from your batteries into AC current that might power your television. Small inverters can be wired in anywhere there's 12-volt power. For an inverter that could power the whole coach, you'll want to place it near the batteries as possible since a 2,000-watt or 3,000-watt inverter uses a lot of power and needs heavy cables (4|0 for a 3,000-watt inverter). You want the cables short as possible to avoid voltage drop. For the whole coach, you'll probably want an automatic transfer switch (ATS) that can switch between the inverter and shore power as needed. If you say a bit more about your needs, then I'm sure there are many folks here on the forum that could help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WondersAwait View Post
    I looked for a panel that was a reputable brand that had as similar an operating current as I could find. This led me to the Renogy 200w. I then wired them in series along with the 165w Furrion and has me using the stock Furrion 50A controller, stock lines from the roof to the front bay, and then it feeds into the rest of my system. I basically just had to cut into the wires on the roof going into the Furrion panel, crimp in some MC4 connectors, and then setup a series run of new wires. It was pretty easy and I have a system that should have 563w max. I'm about to change to a Victron controller but only because I'm a sucker for data and I want the extra box and info on my VRM.

I have a post about my whole build on another forum, I should probably copy it over here and make a post to share.
    Thanks. I was thinking that you shouldn't mix and match the solar panels but that doesn't appear to be an issue. I only have a 25A Furrion converter so I was either going to just leave the one panel and the controller where it is and add additional panels and a controller, or just remove the Furrion stuff altogether and start with all new. I was shooting for about 600W in panels when all is said and done. More thinking to do...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12