User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New GMC/Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I want one, but a gasser. Just can't do it till next year. We got the wife a new car a couple of months ago.
    I started looking last October and just pulled the trigger a week or so ago . Gave me plenty of time to research . Good luck to you .
    2021 REFLECTION 150 SERIES 278BH
    2023 GMC 3500HD Duramax Allison 4x4 CC SB
    B&W COMPANION HITCH FOR GM FIFTH WHEEL PREP PKG RVK3710
    Herb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my tonneau cover on today , nothing fancy , just a Truxedo roll up , good for keeping prying eyes from looking in the bed . Also got the RVB 3710 B&W Base , put it together and checked fit . I need a head leveling kit for it so I called B&W , they asked my address and said they'll get one right out to me . I asked if they wanted payment and they said nope , no worries . What a great company . Also put on a set of AVS In Channel rain guards . Pretty much setup the way I want it now .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	45418

Name:	31.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	45419

Name:	32.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	45420
    Herb

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adirondak5 View Post
    Got my tonneau cover on today , nothing fancy , just a Truxedo roll up , good for keeping prying eyes from looking in the bed . Also got the RVB 3710 B&W Base , put it together and checked fit . I need a head leveling kit for it so I called B&W , they asked my address and said they'll get one right out to me . I asked if they wanted payment and they said nope , no worries . What a great company . Also put on a set of AVS In Channel rain guards . Pretty much setup the way I want it now .

Those rollup covers are awesome. I've been using Access or Truxedo roll-ups on my trucks since 2002 and always loved the flexibility they provide. My next truck will have one too.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if you know the bed rail height from the ground on the tailgate. Can’t find it online, and two different salesman have different measurements. Trying to see what if any difference it will be from what my RAM is.

Thanks
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I was wondering if you know the bed rail height from the ground on the tailgate. Can’t find it online, and two different salesman have different measurements. Trying to see what if any difference it will be from what my RAM is.

Thanks
    58" just in front of tail light with 20" tires .
    Herb

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    58" just in front of tail light with 20" tires .
    Thank you very much. Looks like the Chevy is about an 1 - 1 1/2" taller than the RAM. Easy to work with.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 03-18-2023 at 06:33 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw something interesting yesterday....another 2023 3500 HD showed up in southern AZ....this one an LT, but configured almost the same as the LTZ in Phoenix. Had the sales people send me pics of door stickers from both trucks. Both were 12,100 GVW, Crew Cab, Duramax, Standard bed, fifth wheel pckg, buckets seats/console, power tow mirrors....
    LT had 20" wheels/chrome assist steps/standard tailgate while LTZ had 18" wheels/no steps/multiflex tailgate/leather/power rear slider/etc.
    Cargo capacity on the LT was 3896...curb weight 8204
    Cargo capacity on the LTZ was 3895...curb weight 8205
    1 lb difference....
    I thought the LTZ would be considerably heavier with the leather and more tech stuff.
    Which brings up a question: the window sticker on the LT shows the chrome assist steps as "dealer installed". So is the weight of these steps included in the factory sticker? Not a big concern, just the curious type.
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Saw something interesting yesterday....another 2023 3500 HD showed up in southern AZ....this one an LT, but configured almost the same as the LTZ in Phoenix. Had the sales people send me pics of door stickers from both trucks. Both were 12,100 GVW, Crew Cab, Duramax, Standard bed, fifth wheel pckg, buckets seats/console, power tow mirrors....
    LT had 20" wheels/chrome assist steps/standard tailgate while LTZ had 18" wheels/no steps/multiflex tailgate/leather/power rear slider/etc.
    Cargo capacity on the LT was 3896...curb weight 8204
    Cargo capacity on the LTZ was 3895...curb weight 8205
    1 lb difference....
    I thought the LTZ would be considerably heavier with the leather and more tech stuff.
    Which brings up a question: the window sticker on the LT shows the chrome assist steps as "dealer installed". So is the weight of these steps included in the factory sticker? Not a big concern, just the curious type.
    Most of the GMC/Chevy 3500's I looked at the past few months were all fairly close in payload capacity . It is curious though like you said as some of the options you would think would take a good amount of payload capacity away .
    Herb

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to look at a LTZ that has all the premium stuff, pucks, off road suspension, cameras all around, massages your bottom, 20” wheels, and the snow plow option. Does not have a sunroof or the multiflex tailgate. Payload is 3,823. It has the skid plates, so if I wanted, that would be 30 lbs or so. I have a buddy with a high country with almost identical equipment, but no skid plates. His payload is 3,843.

Interesting, while researching, the ‘24’s has 300 lbs more tow rating. I am thinking that is due to the upgraded engine.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    No, the truck is weighed at the factory, and they use that number. Sometimes dealer installed stuff changes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast