User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question furrion 12v glass shelves and cooling

We have an Imagine 22MLE with the Furrion 12v fridge and glass shelves. I have several questions and one issue.... We purchased new last summer 2022 and were able to camp 3 times before we had to winterize, so our experience with this fridge is limited. It does seem to cool quickly, which is great compared to our other fridge, but..... 2 times it worked great..... and one time we had a cooling issue...... I "don't think" this is a warranty issue, but....

It initially cooled quickly. We filled the fridge and left for our trip. Worked nicely the first day, but on the 2nd day seemed to not cool. The fridge was quite full and temperature wasn't cool enough to safely keep food. Wondering if this was a fullness issue or a glass shelves issue, meaning circulation was difficult? Hours later it DID start cooling again, so ??? The other two times we camped - the fridge was just as full and we had no issues.

Not sure if a circulating fan would work when the glass shelves seem to prevent circulation.... or, has anyone replaced shelving with wire shelves? Just looking for input before we start this new season.

Also, someone asked on another forum if the off switch on the fridge really turned the fridge off. Some opinions were it only turns the fridge to "low" and it stays coolish until the battery is dead or....... This doesn't seem right, but I don't know....

Thank you for any input while we figure our this new rig.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kfree2022 View Post
    We have an Imagine 22MLE with the Furrion 12v fridge and glass shelves. I have several questions and one issue.... We purchased new last summer 2022 and were able to camp 3 times before we had to winterize, so our experience with this fridge is limited. It does seem to cool quickly, which is great compared to our other fridge, but..... 2 times it worked great..... and one time we had a cooling issue...... I "don't think" this is a warranty issue, but....

It initially cooled quickly. We filled the fridge and left for our trip. Worked nicely the first day, but on the 2nd day seemed to not cool. The fridge was quite full and temperature wasn't cool enough to safely keep food. Wondering if this was a fullness issue or a glass shelves issue, meaning circulation was difficult? Hours later it DID start cooling again, so ??? The other two times we camped - the fridge was just as full and we had no issues.

Not sure if a circulating fan would work when the glass shelves seem to prevent circulation.... or, has anyone replaced shelving with wire shelves? Just looking for input before we start this new season.

Also, someone asked on another forum if the off switch on the fridge really turned the fridge off. Some opinions were it only turns the fridge to "low" and it stays coolish until the battery is dead or....... This doesn't seem right, but I don't know....

Thank you for any input while we figure our this new rig.
    It looks like this is your first post @kfree2022, so welcome to the forum. You don't say, but my first question is were you plugged into shore power or on battery when you had the cooling issue? These 12-volt frigs use a lot of power. The stock lead-acid battery many dealers supply isn't likely to reliably power a 12-volt frig for more than a few hours. If power is not the issue, then yes, some have found a circulating fan useful. The 12-volt frig on my rig has always worked well in a variety of use settings.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw another thread where someone had similar issues. It turned out to be the 12VDC fridge sensing low voltage (from the battery) and shutting down. Things had to be completely disconnected to reset the controller in the fridge and then things worked like they should. As @Soundsaior referenced, make sure you have enough battery "oomph" to meet expectations.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015