User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the battery disconnect switch to make sure it's in the correct position. If you can't pull the red key out it is in the correct position.

Do you know if the batteries are good?

Does the fridge work on shore power?
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any other outlets that do not work?

Sounds like it may be a GFCI outlet that has popped somewhere else.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Removed post
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have any other outlets that do not work?

Sounds like it may be a GFCI outlet that has popped somewhere else.
    We don't have a12v fridge but may if we upgrade in the near future. Inquiring minds want to know, Why does a12v fridge need to be plugged in to an ele outlet??
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We don't have a12v fridge but may if we upgrade in the near future. Inquiring minds want to know, Why does a12v fridge need to be plugged in to an ele outlet??
    It doesn’t. The op has a residential fridge. 110volt
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markandkim View Post
    My 315 is a 12v furrion fridge. Which works great also.

The inverter is located behind the fuse panel.

I don't understand what you mean by being plugged into an outlet.
    I'll admit, I'm confused, too. Does the OP have a 12v Furrion or a 110v residential fridge (Samsung, LG, GE, Haier, etc.)? If the former, I don't think there is a cord and plug for connecting to a 110v outlet unless Furrion has released a 2-way recently. But, from what was described, the fridge was originally plugged into a 110v outlet and is now working currently via an extension cord. Sherlock Holmes says it must be a true 110v residential fridge and not a 12v "residential-style" model. Since inverter appears to be on (green light), definitely do what @huntr70 suggested and check for a tripped GFCI outlet. When we had our 312BHTS, the GFCI was in the bathroom and was on the same circuit for the fridge.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I'll admit, I'm confused, too. Does the OP have a 12v Furrion or a 110v residential fridge (Samsung, LG, GE, Haier, etc.)? If the former, I don't think there is a cord and plug for connecting to a 110v outlet unless Furrion has released a 2-way recently. But, from what was described, the fridge was originally plugged into a 110v outlet and is now working currently via an extension cord. Sherlock Holmes says it must be a true 110v residential fridge and not a 12v "residential-style" model. Since inverter appears to be on (green light), definitely do what @huntr70 suggested and check for a tripped GFCI outlet. When we had our 312BHTS, the GFCI was in the bathroom and was on the same circuit for the fridge.
    I was confused as well because they had mentioned they had a Furrion unit which I thought were all 12 v.
    generally GD uses Haier BUT Furrion does make a 110volt residential unit
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I was confused as well because they had mentioned they had a Furrion unit which I thought were all 12 v.
    generally GD uses Haier BUT Furrion does make a 110volt residential unit
    From Furrion's website - Furrion offers a wide range of 12V and 110V RV refrigerators, perfect for life on the road.

I think I'm Watson in this case and not Sherlock.

"Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
    -Sir Arthur Conan Boyle, A Scandal in Bohemia
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD never used the Furrion 110 volt fridges in their units.

They did use the Haier brand in the Reflection's for a bit, before they fully transitioned into the 12 volt Furrion units.

2022 model years could have either the Haier 110 or the Furrion 12 volt in them, all depends when they were built.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    GD never used the Furrion 110 volt fridges in their units.

They did use the Haier brand in the Reflection's for a bit, before they fully transitioned into the 12 volt Furrion units.

2022 model years could have either the Haier 110 or the Furrion 12 volt in them, all depends when they were built.
    Well the OP says they have a “Furrion”. I can only assume it has a nameplate on the fridge and it has a plug in so…..
    Maybe the OP can shed some light
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further information. The refrigerator isn't a Furrion, as I originally thought. It is a Haier 120 VAC residential 16.4 cubic foot unit. Great refrigerator.

I talked to Owen at Grand Design this morning. He checked, and we are indeed supposed to have an inverter which powers ONLY the outlet for the refrigerator. The inverter is normally mounted to the ceiling of the pass-through. I haven't seen an inverter there. The only thing up there is a small box that says it syncs the slides.

HOWEVER, there is an orange 120 VAC (at least that's what it looks like) wire peaking out from that location. This afternoon I'm going to take everything out of that bay and then start taking panels off to see what's behind them.

Someone suggested that the inverter might be hidden under the small closet, in the space for the water heater. I was able to get a drawer far enough out to look in there, and didn't see anything that looks like an inverter.

Someone asked about the instructions we got when we bought the trailer. They covered the basics, but not the details. To be honest, I don't think they knew any more than we did. They are the ones that told us the refrigerator was a 12 vdc unit.

Owen said that we should just call Grand Design in the future and don't bother with starting with a dealer. The person in the dealer's service department that I talked to yesterday admitted that he didn't know what our trailer was like - he would have to see it to know. Owen didn't come right out and say it, but the impression I got from him is that the dealers sell several brands of trailers, and don't really know their products.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast