User Tag List

Thread: Pump switches

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pump switches

Surprisingly, the biggest change we've had to get used to in going from our Foretravel MH (10 years full-timing in it) to our new Reflection is the water pump switch. The Foretravel used a latching relay with pump switches in the bathroom and the kitchen. Push on/push off from either location, and a small light came on at both locations when the pump was on. The Reflection also has two pump switches, but they are three-way switches, and located in inconvenient places. One is in the box by the entry with various other switches (slides, awnings, etc.) and the other is on the Nautilus panel.

I understand the reasoning for one on the Nautilus panel, but it simply isn't useful for us. "Winterizing" means going somewhere warmer, since we're full-timers. What I'm thinking of is replicating what we had in the Foretravel - a switch by the kitchen sink and another one by the bathroom sink. The switch on the Nautilus panel would be either disabled or left as is (if that is possible). Has anyone already done this?
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I use my fresh water tank which is extremely rare ,generally only to test for leaks, I just leave the switch on which is located by the door or I could use the one control app
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    If I use my fresh water tank which is extremely rare ,generally only to test for leaks, I just leave the switch on which is located by the door or I could use the one control app
    I agree - Turn it on and leave it on. If the pump continues to run after it pressurized the system you have a problem.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder
    YouTube Chanel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    Surprisingly, the biggest change we've had to get used to in going from our Foretravel MH (10 years full-timing in it) to our new Reflection is the water pump switch. The Foretravel used a latching relay with pump switches in the bathroom and the kitchen. Push on/push off from either location, and a small light came on at both locations when the pump was on. The Reflection also has two pump switches, but they are three-way switches, and located in inconvenient places. One is in the box by the entry with various other switches (slides, awnings, etc.) and the other is on the Nautilus panel.

I understand the reasoning for one on the Nautilus panel, but it simply isn't useful for us. "Winterizing" means going somewhere warmer, since we're full-timers. What I'm thinking of is replicating what we had in the Foretravel - a switch by the kitchen sink and another one by the bathroom sink. The switch on the Nautilus panel would be either disabled or left as is (if that is possible). Has anyone already done this?
    hope it is not too late but here is the wiring for making 3 switched for the water pump..make sure you read down in the post for my final mod

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...er-pump-switch
    2022 Solitude 378mbs-r with 3rd air and solar package, Flux Capacitor pending, Removed Nautilus and replaced with the Bruce Select-A-Matic

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post

been there - done that: went from class A with convenient, and lighted, switches to what trailer manufactures think is adequate.

check out this mod.... it's a bit of work but I got what I wanted....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Larry.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c