Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 GD 260RD with Lippert TrailAir towed By 2021 Ford F250 SB with puck system

New to this site so be patient please. I have searched and talked with technicians about this but can't get a straight answer so here goes. I have a 2021 F250 6'10"box (SB) and a 2020 GD 260RD with the Lippert Trailair pin box. I want to use a conventional sliding hitch instead of the Trailairs moving capabilities. Simple question (I think) to people that have also faced this problem, what is the best option or options. I realize there are more than one answer but what are the options. Thank you in advance and really enjoy the site.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best answer would be to find someone who changed out their "standard" box for some sort of gooseneck box and trade it out.
    I am wondering why you don't want the Trailair box?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mother trucker View Post
    New to this site so be patient please. I have searched and talked with technicians about this but can't get a straight answer so here goes. I have a 2021 F250 6'10"box (SB) and a 2020 GD 260RD with the Lippert Trailair pin box. I want to use a conventional sliding hitch instead of the Trailairs moving capabilities. Simple question (I think) to people that have also faced this problem, what is the best option or options. I realize there are more than one answer but what are the options. Thank you in advance and really enjoy the site.
    You can lock the Turning Point in place, should have come with the 2 bolts that do that.
    2018 Ram 2500 CTD
    2020 Reflection 260RD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy35 View Post
    You can lock the Turning Point in place, should have come with the 2 bolts that do that.
    That's even better!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mother trucker View Post
    I have a 2021 F250 CCSB (same as you) and 2021 GD 150 series 295RL (similar to you but not exact). I have been looking at this for a long time now and have received recommended hitches to consider from the service people at the rv dealership. I am going with the Pullrite superglide 2914. Yes it is heavy and expensive, and no I don`t plan to move it after installation. The hitch is 18.5 inches high in the bed and the rail height is about 22 inches. Our truck is 58 inches high at the tailgate and the 5th wheel is 61 inches high to the under hang. I am a nervous person and don`t want to take any chances with tight turns. My wife will kill me if I get too stressed out, soooooo I am only going with a slider. I decided not to use the trailair turning point because you need to lubricate the bearings annually and to do this you need to take it down and it is heavy. You can see a youtube video on lubricating it. It is cumbersome. Lubricating the Superglide is very easy. If you go with this slider you will need to use the wedge that is attached to the trailair pin box.
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replys folks. I don't want to use the wedge system if possible as I have heard to many negative posts about wedge movement and like alfredo states it is one more maintenance item. I know I know big deal right but I would much rather have the slider and no worries after that. As far as the money what isn"t expensive right? It's almost criminal GD left little to none options for this pin box. I bought this trailer because of the features and lenghth and as our handle states Mother Trucker my wife is the only driver due to my health. The pullrite super glide seems to continue to come up in talk about this hitch and realife experience like Alfredo states is what I am looking for. I am still concerned about lock out wedge becoming loose but I also realiz there could be many reasons for this to happen. Keep the information coming folks and I will keep reading. Thanks very much.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had sliders with 3 different 5Ws so far and have never had to use that function with my short bed...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Grandesigner I wrote to you the other day and must have hit the wrong button as I never saw my reply in the thread. I just sold the exact truck in your desciption only mine was a CC. I pulled my 2020 260RD with it and it did start to come in contact with my rear window on two occasions and fortuneatly I heard it happening and stopped the turn. For me there is no choice to use or not use a slider of some sort and the TrailAir is obviously a option but one I choose not to use. My current hitch I had from my previous truck is a 16K Reese rail type. So for it to work on my new puck system and "Try it out" I would need to purchse and adaptor which I choose not to do and find out I still need a puck style slider. So I will get a slider when I find the right one. By the way I had 130K miles on my 2000 truck like yours that I ordered in 1999 and recieved in March of 2000, I sold it for 17K in great shape which I thought was good for the buyer and for me. Have a great day all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess there are 2 differences here, CC vs. SC and the pin boxes? Or is trailair the same as turning point?
    Sorry you had contact issues, not fun at all.
    Good luck finding the right hitch.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Grandesigner fortuneatly I did'nt do any damage. The pin box is a Lippert product and it is called the "Turning Point Trailair" which I'm sure is a good product excepting I did'nt buy the fifth wheel for it's capabilities I bought it for the floor plan. I have settled on the Pullrite 2714 hitch after talking with several different people from the dealership I bought the trailer from and hitch companies. Thanks to all and happy trails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast