Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonneau Covers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimingreene View Post
    My equipment is a 2022 GMC 2500HD double cab standard bed (6.8’) towing a 2023 278BH with a B&W Companion. I am looking for a tonneau cover and just wondering what most of you are using? If you have a hard foldable does it interfere with the camper making a tight turn? I have about 7” of rail clearance, not sure if that would be suitable. I like the idea of a retractable but I carry a generator behind the cab, with that pushed back against the Companion foot it only leaves me with 8” of clearance between the generator and the cab of the truck. Thanks for any input!
    Good morning Jim

I have owned several covers over the years, but the most durable and easy to use is the Retrax https://realtruck.com/b/retrax/

What I really like it can be locked in any position. When towing I run it up close to the hitch so it protects cargo loaded forward. It is also very secure against bed theft.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Good morning Jim

I have owned several covers over the years, but the most durable and easy to use is the Retrax https://realtruck.com/b/retrax/

What I really like it can be locked in any position. When towing I run it up close to the hitch so it protects cargo loaded forward. It is also very secure against bed theft.

Hope this helps
    I too have the Retrax on my '23 F250 SB CREW. Ive owned both Retrax and Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit vinyl covered aluminum rollbacks. IMO, both were good purchases, quality built, long lasting, can be locked in different positions, key secured locked, offer light options and have good customer support.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One brand I have not yet seen in this thread is Access, made by Agri-Cover in the USA. They make a line of soft (roll-up) covers for most trucks and configurations. I am on my second one; the first was still perfect after six years' use and went with the truck when I traded it in for my current truck.
    https://www.accesscover.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimingreene View Post
    My equipment is a 2022 GMC 2500HD double cab standard bed (6.8’) towing a 2023 278BH with a B&W Companion. I am looking for a tonneau cover and just wondering what most of you are using? If you have a hard foldable does it interfere with the camper making a tight turn? I have about 7” of rail clearance, not sure if that would be suitable. I like the idea of a retractable but I carry a generator behind the cab, with that pushed back against the Companion foot it only leaves me with 8” of clearance between the generator and the cab of the truck. Thanks for any input!
    I have a BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover and it is great. I believe they have been bought by another company but their support is great and they stand behind their products.

https://realtruck.com/p/bak-revolver-x4s-tonneau-cover/
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12