User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    See post 11 on this thread https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...water-dumping?
    I ran a 10 ga power source to a plug in near the waste pipe attachment.

Rob
    Rob you have a picture? I was thinking of putting 12v cigarette lighter type plug there but it needs to be water tight, or maybe just a + and - studs or this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	21712

ran with 10 ga strand wire.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a cheap 12 volt battery at Walmart and store it in the compartment above the drain pipe. Always had a Battery Tender for my bikes, so just use that once in a while to keep the battery up.
    Gary

2017 Solitude 374TH-R
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Dually
    2010 Honda NT700V
    2014 Sherco

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Rob you have a picture? I was thinking of putting 12v cigarette lighter plug
    “Cigarette lighter” outlets are typically limited to 15A. The macerator pump needs more like 30A. 10ga wire is correct, from a 30A fuse. I used a 30A marine two pole connector that I happened to have. My connection point is inside the pass through door, so doesn’t really need to be water proof.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuse on the Flojet I have is 20amp. I am looking at putting it somewhere in the pass thru, maybe by the nautilus panel only above on the ceiling. I am going to see if I can run the wires from the battery between the front cap and the storage it looks like there is a hollow space there will check tomorrow, and update then.
    2018 315 RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I ran the wire back along the frame attached using the same screws as the propane line using of course there own clips to about 8' from the waste outlet. I used the macerator today to clean out the black so I can fix the black valve leak. That pump is awesome EVERYONE should get one. Bought a 100" 3/4" hose from Home depot ran the hose into the toilet worked great. This going to make it much better to do a deep cleaning of the tanks for winter.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, great to have a pump handy. I used 10 ga. outdoor lighting cable with a welding plug on the end. 25FT. of cable attached to the battery and stored inside the pass through. I use the welding plug with the air compressor also with a plug attached to the rear of the pickup. Lots of dump stations slanted away from the dump valve so I just get set up to clean the tanks and run the hose from the macerator pump to the dump opening, or use at home when needed.
    2019 GMC 3500 HD:)
    2016 Reflection 313RLTS:cool:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    After all the boondocking we've done we're "finally" getting a macerator too!
    Right now we're stuck camping somewhat near other people, because we don't want to have to drive a long ways going 5 mph with our tote in tow. With the macerator, we can camp much further out in the desert but leave the tote in the bed of the truck and it will still fill it up, then drive as fast and far as we want to the dump station. We also bought a 30 gallon water bladder rated for drinking water and a 120v water pump that we use to keep our fresh tank filled. Not having to move our trailer out of that perfect spot makes it all worth it.

This is the one we're getting, should have it Monday. I'd be curious to hear which one you guys use... https://amzn.to/2N2jS5i
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    After all the boondocking we've done we're "finally" getting a macerator too!
    Right now we're stuck camping somewhat near other people, because we don't want to have to drive a long ways going 5 mph with our tote in tow. With the macerator, we can camp much further out in the desert but leave the tote in the bed of the truck and it will still fill it up, then drive as fast and far as we want to the dump station. We also bought a 30 gallon water bladder rated for drinking water and a 120v water pump that we use to keep our fresh tank filled. Not having to move our trailer out of that perfect spot makes it all worth it.

This is the one we're getting, should have it Monday. I'd be curious to hear which one you guys use... https://amzn.to/2N2jS5i

Yep that's the one everybody has. That's a good price too!

Red.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I power ours from the 7 pin trailer connector in the back of the truck. Ours has a 12V pin that is always hot and rated for 20 amps which serves the pump just fine.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12