Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh Tank Capcity

Hello,

have a 2018 2600RB. I am frustrated with the stated fresh water capacity. The problem is that when my fresh tank runs dry (i.e. pump is sucking air) there is still a full 15 gallons of water (unusable ) left in the tank that cannot be accessed. Is it possible that the outlet hose to my tank is not installed properly? That it is not reaching the bottom of my tank and thus leaving so much water unusable? I do not know where or how the hose from the pump connects to the fresh water tank; but it is a very poor design when it leaves a full 15 galons in the tank that cant be drawn out with the pump. I measured it three times and after gunning out of fresh water I am able to open the fresh tank drain valve and completely fill three five gallon containers with unusable water that remains in the tank.

Thank You,

Steve

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how the tank is installed, but could it be loose and as a result tilted away from the pump inlet? My father in law's camper (another brand) had this issue due to a broken support strap. Without the skirting it was easy to diagnose.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is not correct and you should contact your dealer to have it fixed under warranty. Mine drains to within a couple gallons. Most likey the siphon hose is not in correctly. To fix it means dropping the chloroplast and possibly the tank.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get this fixed?
    2020 Momentum 25G
    2011 RAM 2500 4x4 Megacab 6.7 Diesel