Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Filling Tank

When Power Filling Tank It Says to fill to Desired Level ?. 2020 344Gk Nautilus P1 "How do you know the water level" Do you monitor the electronic panel or is there an overflow or vent it pores out of.??
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a blue pipe sticking down from the fresh water tank near the large white 2" drain valve. This is actually a breather and an overflow. When filling this will allow air to leave the tank, when water comes out that means the tank is full. Water will continue to come out of this pipe until the tank relaxes, you may also lose water while traveling. Many here have put a valve on this pipe to stop the water loss while traveling. If you do this make sure you open the valve when filling and also when you will be using fresh water from the tank.
    You can also monitor the electric gage if you only need to put some water in and not a full tank. A water meter flow gage on the hose you are using to fill would help with this also.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out looking front to back and spotted the white gate valve and the Blue vent . You read the Nautilus page Tells how to fill it but No mention of the vent.
    I assume the 2" valve is to drain the tank completely.
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just the reporter, but I have read others here asserting that the fresh tank should be filled until its indicator indicates full.

Others fill to overflow, and except for the siphoning problem (and its fix) noted by @Country Campers above they haven't had trouble.

If you call Grand Design to get their "official" advice please post it here.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    Just went out looking front to back and spotted the white gate valve and the Blue vent . You read the Nautilus page Tells how to fill it but No mention of the vent. I assume the 2" valve is to drain the tank completely.
    I'm reading this to say that you found the white handle beneath the trailer on the driver's side. If you pull it, the fresh tank will drain from the valve connected to that handle. Is the valve blue? I don't remember.

Not far away you'll see a (likely blue) 3/4" PEX pipe sticking down, no valve on it. If you fill your fresh tank to overflowing, water will flow out of that pipe.

Per Brian's / @Country Camper's note above, fresh water may siphon out of your tank through that overflow outlet while the trailer is moving. A number of us have purchased a 3/4" sharkbite valve and just slipped it onto the end of that overflow pipe. Close that valve when traveling with a load of fresh water, be sure leave it open at all other times especially when filling or using the tank.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-16-2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the concept Just assumed it was closer to the fill. In all their infinite wisdom was No mention of of a vent or overflow.
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a water hose meter. Lets me know how many gallons are going in to the tank.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My owner's manual directs me to fill until the tank monitor indicates full and not to wait for water to exit the vent tube.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    We use a water hose meter. Lets me know how many gallons are going in to the tank.
    We also use a meter, but fill to overflow. I'm interested to see whether others have the same situation of not being able to get the rated volume. We are supposed to have 90 or 100 gallons (2018 310-GK), but I've never been able to put more that 72 usable gallons in it. To me a usable gallon is one able to be delivered by the pump. We went from pump sucking air to overflow in 72 gal.

-Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tank not full

Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    We also use a meter, but fill to overflow. I'm interested to see whether others have the same situation of not being able to get the rated volume. We are supposed to have 90 or 100 gallons (2018 310-GK), but I've never been able to put more that 72 usable gallons in it. To me a usable gallon is one able to be delivered by the pump. We went from pump sucking air to overflow in 72 gal.

-Al
    “Our 2019 230RL would only indicate 2/3 full when overflowing. After using water until the pump sucked air I would pull the white drain valve and get 2&1/2 to 3 five gallon buckets worth of fresh water. Two complaints to the dealer and they dropped the bottom panel to find a broken weld letting one side of the tank sag. The pump pickup on the opposite side would suck air with water left in the tank, yet the overflow would drain before filling was complete. Welding a new support solved the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast