User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    That is bizarre. Such circumstance would normally call for a pressed in stud or at least a tacked bolt... Ask MORryde when they can do a warranty repair for you.
    Yeah we are just about to that point, they are talking further with their engineers to see if there are any solutions that doesn’t involve replacing the beam assembly, so we’ll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Can a new bolt be inserted from the other direction? If possible then existing bolt can be cut off and new one inserted backwards. Just thinking out loud here
    I don’t think so, I’m fairly mechanically inclined working on my own vehicles my entire life including building a couple race bikes from the ground up, but of course I don’t know everything.

I could definitely cut the bolt off to get it out, that was my first thought, but no way to get the new one back in haha.
    Going from the other side the rubber spring is too close, and any shorter bolt would be too short.

I just attached a photo so you can see the obstruction of the bolt, pictures always help explain the situation haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3779.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	30045
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    Yeah we are just about to that point, they are talking further with their engineers to see if there are any solutions that doesn’t involve replacing the beam assembly, so we’ll see.

I don’t think so, I’m fairly mechanically inclined working on my own vehicles my entire life including building a couple race bikes from the ground up, but of course I don’t know everything.

I could definitely cut the bolt off to get it out, that was my first thought, but no way to get the new one back in haha.
    Going from the other side the rubber spring is too close, and any shorter bolt would be too short.

I just attached a photo so you can see the obstruction of the bolt, pictures always help explain the situation haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3779.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	30045
    So how much clearance do you lack to get the bolt in? From the photo the hub plate looks thin enough between the two hub bolts to possible cut a notch to fit the bolt through, or at least get it started at and angle. Or looking at the photo again if the hub plate can be rotated can you unbolt it and then used that existing bolt hole to slide the bolt through. Enlarge the hole to fit the bolt head and sleeve if necessary. Just thinking again
    Last edited by powerscol; 10-07-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how much clearance do you lack to get the bolt in? From the photo the hub plate looks thin enough between the two hub bolts to possible cut a notch to fit the bolt through, or at least get it started at and angle. Just thinking again
    It’s close. The larger bolt behind it in my way I wasn’t able to remove, that sucker is tight! Could definitely loosen it with a breaker bar, all I had was a 3/4” box wrench and I couldn’t get enough leverage on it.

IF that bolt were to be removed, then that hub plate would be in the way. There should be enough clearance though to whip out a dremel and notch it (if it came to that) to make clearance for the bolt.

But really that would depend on how close it was after the hub bolt were removed.

With that being said, if it came to that point, I’d make MORryde just fix it. I didn’t pay $10k two months ago to start cutting it up haha, even though a small notch would have no affect.

If it were 2 years ago, that’d be a different story
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I can say with good certainty, MORryde will make it right with you. Even though they are growing like mad with the IS standard on two luxury brands and optional on GD and several other mainstream makers, they still take the time for the end consumer!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    One thing I can say with good certainty, MORryde will make it right with you. Even though they are growing like mad with the IS standard on two luxury brands and optional on GD and several other mainstream makers, they still take the time for the end consumer!
    Yes they’ve been great so far! Issues happen, of course it’s frustrating, but a company who stands behind their work/product goes a long way!

They called me earlier today and confirmed that unfortunately the beam assembly does have to be replaced in order to replace the bolt.
    BUT, they are sending me a replacement out! Really impressed with their service.

Once it arrives I’ll get a better look at exactly what’s included, or more importantly, what needs to be disassembled. Then I’ll decide if I want to tackle it or not.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    ...Mine took a LOT of weight to balance.... Chris
    The Carlisle's on our Solitude took a lot of weight to balance then as well. I attributed some of that to the fact that they are 15-ply tires...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay for us "non-engineer" types.
    And to make it worse I'm a real Newbie who is just trying to wrap his head around all of this.
    Where do I go to get my tires balanced?
    What do I ask the guy "Bob" about what I mean by balancing the wheels correctly for a 30' Imagine 2600 rl.
    He's going to think I'm from Mars if I hit him with a lot of engineering specs.
    Are there instructions I can give him or if I make a phone call do I ask him if they carry a certain type of equipment that is just for TT tires?
    HELP!!!!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are the rubber pieces one or two piece?
    if they come off to change cant you place the bolts in the rubber piece before you mount it??

I have the same system and it has been a night mare with the alignment..
    I had the ISS system along with disc brakes installed before delivery and it was never proper aligned..
    wore out the first set of tires on the trip from factory to dealer.
    MORyde told me to take it to one of their "select factory approved" shops to have it aligned.. 5 hour drive to casper wyoming...
    Well as it turns out the company although a great bunch of guys had never done one before and certainly didnt have the proper equipment to align the Trailer.
    So the alignment was done with a tape measure.. yeah go figure..

I now have had a tire lose its cap.. degloved itself and of course tore up the side of the rig.. fortunately not much more than cosmetic but when I look at the wheels a coupld of them look like they lean outboard, not straight up and down..
    Hopefully not the same issue as yours..
    Best of luck getting that fixed..

On a side note.. no rv manufactures do nothing more than static balance the tires and wheels on rvs.. . that is because no one rides in them and they think the vibration is inconsequential that it does no harm..
    Well that is just flat out BS.. it destroys just about the entire rig.. vibration is not your friend.. period..
    I use discount tire and they do have the proper equipment to lug eccentric balance.. I confirmed by watching it done.
    Now given this is a large city,,, littleton colorado,,, location so that may make a difference..
    It does make a huge difference .. I find a lot less of the things in the rig out of place after a long drive...

balancing the tires on a trailer, 5th wheel is not just a good idea is it an imperative item to do.. just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by ktwillys; 10-11-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Okay for us "non-engineer" types.
    And to make it worse I'm a real Newbie who is just trying to wrap his head around all of this.
    Where do I go to get my tires balanced?
    What do I ask the guy "Bob" about what I mean by balancing the wheels correctly for a 30' Imagine 2600 rl.
    He's going to think I'm from Mars if I hit him with a lot of engineering specs.
    Are there instructions I can give him or if I make a phone call do I ask him if they carry a certain type of equipment that is just for TT tires?
    HELP!!!!!!
    Assuming you have aluminum wheels just ask the tire shop to dynamic balance the tires (put on machine that spins the tire to determine balancing needs), just as they do for cars. Nothing special. Don't worry about lug centric/hub centric.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming you have aluminum wheels just ask the tire shop to dynamic balance the tires (put on machine that spins the tire to determine balancing needs), just as they do for cars. Nothing special. Don't worry about lug centric/hub centric.

Hope this helps
    I gotta disagree here. Most TT rims are lug centric. It is possible that the large center pilot is actually the center of the wheel,,,, but, and it is a BIG but... This pilot hole is NOT used to center the wheel on the axle. That is totally dependant on the lugs.
    So that is how you should balance them. Using the pilot hole can actually make the balance worse!
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast