User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    Factory ordered AC used to be ducted, dealer install was not ducted. Not sure now, crazy times.
    We have a 260RD Reflection 2020 model with a white exterior. I ordered it with two AC's and both are on the same ductwork, letting me run one or two for the whole RV unit. I could see the bedroom (if not ordered with AC) would support an AC but that AC would be for the bedroom only and no ducting. GD does not need to be advised and a mobile or local RV dealer can (if parts are available) install an AC unit. In our last unit, even in the hottest of weather, the single AC unit took care of the RV and would shut off for short moments during the hot day, but at night it shut off often...even if the fan was on continuous run..but the compressor did shut off.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bamaman gave you good answers. Unlike ducted residential HVAC, most mobile units will cycle off the compressor, but leave the fan running. A thermostat doesn't change the capacity of an A/C system, just when it turns the compressor on and off. We have two units in our 2021 295RL. They are insufficient in the summer in southern AZ because of the immense heat load of solar radiation on the trailer body (dry, cloudless atmosphere). Our systems are ducted - a common duct system for both units.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another alternative
    Today while watching the Changing Lanes couple on Youtube they
    introduced a product which changes / improves air flow within
    the system by an avg of 40%. I can't remember the product name but
    it looked like an alternative for next summer.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    I can't remember the product name..
    It's called RVAirflow. There are a few threads here on the forum discussing it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our second AC installed by the dealer and it is not connected to the ducting like most have said. it is loud when running and I am looking for solutions on that. It is a 13.5K unit in our 303RLS. I have heard the wall is pre wired for a thermostat in the bedroom. it would of been nice to have a control like that instead of a knob with red/blue to control the temp. My other beef is the front AC should of been a low rise unit as the full height one makes my camper 13"4" tall. But it does keep us cool when needed and help drop the overall temps inside as heat rises to the bedroom in our type of 5th wheel. That RV airflow mod I think only works for ducted units.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avidcamper View Post
    We had our second AC installed by the dealer and it is not connected to the ducting like most have said. it is loud when running and I am looking for solutions on that. It is a 13.5K unit in our 303RLS. I have heard the wall is pre wired for a thermostat in the bedroom. it would of been nice to have a control like that instead of a knob with red/blue to control the temp. My other beef is the front AC should of been a low rise unit as the full height one makes my camper 13"4" tall. But it does keep us cool when needed and help drop the overall temps inside as heat rises to the bedroom in our type of 5th wheel. That RV airflow mod I think only works for ducted units.
    I added one of these to our AC. Makes a very noticeable difference. Be sure to clean the filter on a very regular basis though.

https://wackoproducts.com/
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2 a/c and find both obtrusively noisy. In the daytime we run the a/c in the bedroom and use a squirrel cage fan to push air into the living room area. At night we run the living room a/c and use the fan to push air into the bedroom. The living a/c will cycle on and off so there is occasional quiet. The bedroom fan will cycle the compressor but the blower fan never shuts off. My wife likes the "background" noise but I hate trying to sleep in the hurricane noise. This squirrel cage fan seem was a good compromise for us.

On amazon: $65
    https://www.amazon.com/XPOWER-P-80A-...-garden&sr=1-1

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    It's called RVAirflow. There are a few threads here on the forum discussing it.
    In reading forum items and watching videos about RVAirflow there seems to be a significant missing piece of data. There are great measurements of airflow showing significant improvements. What I haven't seen is before & after measurements of temperature differential (output air temperature - return air temperature). Moving more air doesn't help if the A/C evaporator can't cool the air enough. My main unit gives 20 degrees of differential, within the Coleman spec.

If you double the airflow but half the differential, you haven't gained any cooling.

Next time I'm in my rig (2021 295RL) I have to check to see if it came with RVAirflow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avidcamper View Post
    We have the same unit, just a 2019. We had the extra air factory-installed, and it is ducted through the racetrack duct in the roof. It seems odd that Grand Design would have two sets of roof set-ups, one for the single a/c in the rear and a second for when they factory-install the bedroom unit. The racetrack is there in the attic area (or I assume so) if your rear a/c provides cooling air, through the ceiling ducting, into the bedroom.

It could be possible that the tech at the dealer did not know how to hook your second unit up to the ducting. This might be an easy fix for you. Just guessing, but a little exploration might be in order. The bottom grill (attached to the ceiling) is easily removed with just four screws. I had ours off for cleaning about a week ago. There is also enough room to reach in (with the power off) and see what you can find.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12