User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Whatever
    Oh yea if you read early forum posts like about two years ago when I registered, you would see that never was heard a disparaging word because first the wagons would circle then it would be shut down. Grand Design didn't want anyone not saying only nice things about their RVs.
    So did GD monitor the forum back then?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    So did GD monitor the forum back then?
    I think GD would be pretty stupid to not monitor the forum. They may not get directly involved, never know, but most businesses see the major importance of online reviews.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I think GD would be pretty stupid to not monitor the forum. They may not get directly involved, never know, but most businesses see the major importance of online reviews.

No, GD stopped participating long before it was announced that the forum was sold. I'm going to say the following straight forward. Please excuse the bluntness of what I'm going to say

Honestly many member feel that the repeated complaints is beating a dead horse when it happens over and over by the same small handfull of people. As a moderator I will say that there have been plenty of complaints by members on the repeated negativity from that small segment of the membership.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 11-23-2020 at 09:02 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

No, GD stopped participating long before it was announced that the forum was sold. I'm going to say the following straight forward. Please excuse the bluntness of what I'm going to say

Honestly many member feel that the repeated complaints is beating a dead horse when it happens over and over by the same small handfull of people. As a moderator I will say that there have been plenty of complaints by members on the repeated negativity from that small segment of the membership.
    Yeah, that's too bad. Why would they choose to complain about complaints instead of just putting those they don't like on their ignore list? I feel it's important for the negative to be brought up as often as positive posts because it's reality. We'll never know the true number of customers that have a unit that has been or is a rolling bundle of problems, maybe a small handful or not. I'm sure there are plenty. It serves a purpose to inform people that the RV they buy could easily be a lemon. GD is no different than any other manufacturer, slapped together by employees paid piecework with a quota. What they are good at is marketing and putting money into units where it will be noticed. More power to them. Dealers are another issue, some really suck.

What GD reminds me of is some boat companies I've seen that build a decent boat and then market it as some superior product. Then a cult following develops that I guess wants to believe the hype because it justifies the extra expense. Maybe they want to feel they belong to some exclusive group.

I do know I really don't care how people feel about what I have to say. I also know I would never buy another GD product. Someone else can make 15 warranty trips back to a Dealer that really just wants them out of their hair. Someone else can believe GD does a thorough PDI then finds an entry door they have to slam shut and maybe it will stay closed. I feel like a burden has been lifted after selling my RV, good riddance to it and the Dealer. I think the "reviews" I posted are pretty much done and so am I.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I think the "reviews" I posted are pretty much done and so am I.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will have to say I seen an increase in “bashing” people who come on here to complain. I’m not sure why that is but it’s starting to get old. Don’t like what people have to say don’t read it. It’s great if you believe in a company and support them but be aware not everyone has had the same enjoyable experience. I am constantly starting to see people questioning forum members about dealing with GD. How they can’t believe GD would not respond to a phone call or email or deny warranty coverage and it must be because of the customer. Maybe you weren’t nice, did you try a certain day, did you leave a call back number. It happens all the time that people are treated differently by the same company. I will also guarantee that there are people who come on here and don’t complain but have problems. Every forum needs balance good and bad. You will always have people that say a company can do no wrong and there will always be someone who complains for years after they weren’t treated right. It’s your job as a reader to find the middle ground if you so choose. Trying to shut down people who spell out there issues and frustrations (rather well by the OP) whether you think they are justified or not is wrong.
    Last edited by Justa5th; 11-24-2020 at 09:45 AM.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    I will have to say I seen an increase in “bashing” people who come on here to complain. I’m not sure why that is but it’s starting to get old. Don’t like what people have to say don’t read it. It’s great if you believe in a company and support them but be aware not everyone has had the same enjoyable experience. I am constantly starting to see people questioning forum members about dealing with GD. How they can’t believe GD would not respond to a phone call or email or deny warranty coverage and it must be because of the customer. Maybe you weren’t nice, did you try a certain day, did you leave a call back number. It happens all the time that people are treated differently by the same company. I will also guarantee that there are people who come on here and don’t complain but have problems. Every forum needs balance good and bad. You will always have people that say a company can do no wrong and there will always be someone who complains for years after they weren’t treated right. It’s your job as a reader to find the middle ground if you so choose. Trying to shut down people who spell out there issues and frustrations (rather well by the OP) whether you think they are justified or not is wrong.
    Bingo. So true

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    Just want to ask that if you, or anyone else sees someone bashing someone to please report it. Use the triangle with the exclamation point in it. Thanks in advance.

Bashing is wrong. Complaining or just venting is ok. It helps folks understand all sides of the situation when done in a positive manner. When done negatively or even repeatedly about the same thing isn’t productive. Folks are free to state their case/situation. It’s when it turns unfriendly, ugly, just plain useless, or repetitive that things take a wrong turn.

We rely on our members to help keep things in line. It’s never fun to have to “moderate” stuff but, unfortunately stuff happens.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Just want to ask that if you, or anyone else sees someone bashing someone to please report it. Use the triangle with the exclamation point in it. Thanks in advance.

Bashing is wrong. Complaining or just venting is ok. It helps folks understand all sides of the situation when done in a positive manner. When done negatively or even repeatedly about the same thing isn’t productive. Folks are free to state their case/situation. It’s when it turns unfriendly, ugly, just plain useless, or repetitive that things take a wrong turn.

We rely on our members to help keep things in line. It’s never fun to have to “moderate” stuff but, unfortunately stuff happens.
    I came here to learn, both the good and the bad, in order to make a decision which has a significant financial impact on us. If I look at RV reviews, pretty much every manufacturer is 4 star other than they are all the same. I hope that one person's desire to sell a GD unit due to a number of issues (all of which are informative) is not sufficient to "moderate". I'm not a camp follower. I have no desire to go to GD sponsored events. I have a desire to determine if our decision to purchase an expensive alternative to a second home is in our best interests - keeping in mind covid and the fact that our relatives are spread coast to coast, not to mention the beauty of everything in between. I can perform some maintenance, but not everything. So build quality is an important issue. From what I have learned, GD may be a little ahead of the competition - but all rules are off now and these conversations I don't consider to be bashing but informative. Just sayin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast