User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkrep View Post
    ...So now after 8 warranty trips...
    Holy cow! I've purchased three Grand Design 5th wheels and have had a total of one warranty trip and that was for leaking Lippert axle seals. Nothing to do with Grand Design. If I had eight warranty trips on one RV, I'd ditch it!

I hope Grand Design fixes everything to your satisfaction. I've heard the factory does fantastic warranty work. Good luck!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, this story sounds all to familiar! We purchase a new Imagine from General in Orange Park, Fl. (That’s Jacksonville). Salesman was really good but service was terrible. Seemed the went thru service writers monthly. Had slideout wiring problems, the couldn’t figure it out, so I called the factory and a tech help me fix it. Had to replace a chaffed wire. Next the hotwater would not work on gas, took the trailer in and told me it would 3 months to fix it. Turned around to leave and saw a sign that said they would fix any item that stopped you from RVing. The service writer said if I removed the circuit board he could test it, so I did, it was bad and he gave us a new one. On a trip from Fl. To Michigan tulip festival we tried to get help at the General dealership there it was as bad as Orange Park maybe worse. They even sent us to the General shop in northern Michigan. We liked our salesman so when we decided to buy a 5th wheel we went back to General but sales and service where poor. We ended up buying with LaMesa in Sanford. Love those folks! Been their 3 times for service and recall issues! Great service! Don’t mind the 100 mile drive each way because We know it will be fixed right.

Please note that when doing warranty work the factory or component maker has the power over what the dealership can do and when they get the parts. Sad 😢

We do most of our repairs ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I ......We also purchased from General. Our location is in Mt Clemens, MI and we had great service along with a very good service advisor. (she is now the manager of service) They rarely had our trailer for more than a few days to a week but most of our warranty items were not that drastic and very few. Maybe 5 items. .
    You got lucky. I, like you, thought the location might be the issue. I have been to their HQ (which should be the best, right?), to Clarkston, and that Mt. Clemens location. They SUCK!. My box has been in their shop since last week of September. They didn't even look at it until 2 weeks ago. All of it is simple stuff, just need the parts. Now they have "verified the issues" (which had to take 10 min) and it goes back in line waiting for parts. Cheech n Chong could be more alert and logical. I bought my last rig from a dealer 400 miles away and they were great. Even came out to a campground and hour from them to address an issue. To quote a few lines from a favorite movie ...

General RV ""sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls." I have no idea what that means, sir, but it seems very negative to me.""

""Sir, these letters are unequivocal! Uh, e.g., [reads a letter] "Hey, Hauk. Eat a bag of ********. You suck." That's pretty much to the point, sir, not much gray area in this one.""

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    . If I had eight warranty trips on one RV, I'd ditch it! !
    Isn't that exactly what Brewhedd did and the point of this thread.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Jacksonville, where it was purchased.
    We purchased in Jacksonville and we live in Tampa. We use the Tampa (actually Dover) location for service. We have been pleased with all our warranty work. The biggest issue is waiting on parts from Grand Design, this usually means two trips to the service center, one to diagnose the issue, and another to fix the issue after the parts come in. Since we live close to the service center this is not a problem for us.

I have to say, that reading about other Dealers here and in other forums, I am glad we wound up at General RV, the people we have dealt with in the service department have been very nice and professional.

If you are interested in trekking down to Dover (just East of I 75, on I 4) PM me and I will give you the name of my Service Advisor, she is very good and has been quite helpful.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    We purchased in Jacksonville and we live in Tampa. We use the Tampa (actually Dover) location for service. We have been pleased with all our warranty work. The biggest issue is waiting on parts from Grand Design, this usually means two trips to the service center, one to diagnose the issue, and another to fix the issue after the parts come in. Since we live close to the service center this is not a problem for us.

I have to say, that reading about other Dealers here and in other forums, I am glad we wound up at General RV, the people we have dealt with in the service department have been very nice and professional.

If you are interested in trekking down to Dover (just East of I 75, on I 4) PM me and I will give you the name of my Service Advisor, she is very good and has been quite helpful.
    Nice to see some positive news.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an old thread, but the local news here in Salt Lake City has done a story about local General RV customers having their contracts changed without their knowledge. Most of this seemed to be people who purchased about 8 years ago with what they thought were 240 month contracts only to find out there is a balloon payment due after 10 years/120 months. The contracts have both 240 and 120 typed in where the number of months is supposed to be. Should be interesting to follow this story.
    https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13...-at-general-rv

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234