User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John L View Post
    Poppy, I have a question about how you carry your ebikes. We are looking at getting 2 of the Rad power ebikes like you have. We have a Ford F350 6.5 bed and a Reflection 337. Do you carry the bikes in the truck or on a rack on the back of the trailer.

Thanks

John

John, a little forum hint... When you are replying to or asking directly to a specific person use the reply with quote tab at the bottom of the post you are replying to. This lets the person know they have a reply or question directed to them via email. It also takes the guessing game out at time of who is being replied to.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

John, a little forum hint... When you are replying to or asking directly to a specific person use the reply with quote tab at the bottom of the post you are replying to. This lets the person know they have a reply or question directed to them via email. It also takes the guessing game out at time of who is being replied to.
    Thanks for the hint. I do a lot of reading and not much posting so this is helpful.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    FYI
    We have 2 ebikes which we carry on the back of our 303rls. Have done this for the last 3 years using a Thule rack rated for the weight (about 110 lbs for both). I recently discovered that this rack is not approved for use on the back of a trailer because the side to side motion is too great. Now, I am looking at adding some brackets to allow strapping the rack sideways to minimize the motion. Approved racks are scarce and really heavy.
    I ran into the same issue for carrying mine. The only trailer rated rack was from Hollywood and it wasn’t inexpensive. And even then it said it was only rated for 5th wheels. So bracing yours is a good idea.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrlowen View Post
    FYI
    We have 2 ebikes which we carry on the back of our 303rls. Have done this for the last 3 years using a Thule rack rated for the weight (about 110 lbs for both). I recently discovered that this rack is not approved for use on the back of a trailer because the side to side motion is too great. Now, I am looking at adding some brackets to allow strapping the rack sideways to minimize the motion. Approved racks are scarce and really heavy.
    we have two Rad ebikes and just got our 303rls, and want to put a rack on the back to hold the bikes. rack is about 100 pounds, plus two bikes. so that is close to the max GD specs, right? we also want to tote two kayaks. and we know there is a rack that holds bikes and kayaks, but this would put us over the 300 max pounds. any thoughts, besides leaving them at home and renting kayaks? Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234