User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design President

Does anyone know how I can call or email the President of Grand Design? I can’t seem to get anyone to return my emails
    or answer my calls. My fifth wheel has been in the shop for six weeks. Grand design sent the wrong parts to repair it. The service person can’t seem to get an answer either. So I decided to go to the top. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting no replies to my emails either. They approved, via email, me doing a repair myself and said they'd pay for parts. It's been six weeks since I did the repair and provided the receipts. No reply, not even an autoreply to say hey we're busy but we love you and will get back to you as soon as we can. Just.... silence.... I have to admit, this is opposite to what I expected when we moved to a Grand Design product.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have either of you called the customer service number? I've called three times (for different reasons) and have gotten an actual person to answer each time.

574-825-9679
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    Reese Goose Box 20k
    2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, CCSB 4x4, LBZ Duramax
    B&W Turnover Ball with 4" offset

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest starting with Jerry McCarthy. He is the one you want to talk to first even before emailing Don
    Don Clark (president ):
    [email protected]

Jerry McCarthy (VP Service Operations): [email protected]
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I suggest starting with Jerry McCarthy. He is the one you want to talk to first even before emailing Don
    Don Clark (president ):
    [email protected]

Jerry McCarthy (VP Service Operations): [email protected]
    It's practically impossible to get to Jerry these days... They'll throw Mel Williams in to run interference, and he's very talented in firing up even the most patient of folks...
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It's practically impossible to get to Jerry these days... They'll throw Mel Williams in to run interference, and he's very talented in firing up even the most patient of folks...
    That's to bad but not suprising , as fast as sales have grown the past year or so. Sounds like this guy is not as customer centric , maybe if he is that hard to deal with complaints should be made to the top from those he has frustrated to the point of no return. Eventually his attitude would either change or hopefully get replaced.

Dealing with Jerry was always a good experience even when he thought the problem was not with GD. I alway felt he has a fair manner in dealing with people.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    X2 What geotex1 said
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    That's to bad but not suprising , as fast as sales have grown the past year or so. Sounds like this guy is not as customer centric , maybe if he is that hard to deal with complaints should be made to the top from those he has frustrated to the point of no return. Eventually his attitude would either change or hopefully get replaced.

Dealing with Jerry was always a good experience even when he thought the problem was not with GD. I alway felt he has a fair manner in dealing with people.

No one is changing Mel... He's been in the industry over 30 years. Amuse yourself by seeing the title GD has given him, and then know he's really a pitbull.

100% agree on Jerry and there are some are really great folks on the service side as well like Brad and Chris, but things are definitely not as they were as recounted by all of the seasoned owners. When I was out there, slammed would be an understatement and clearly stress is affecting things. For the most part, the folks I have met are genuine and want to help, but there's a snowball affect happening.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfinazzo View Post
    Does anyone know how I can call or email the President of Grand Design? I can’t seem to get anyone to return my emails
    or answer my calls. My fifth wheel has been in the shop for six weeks. Grand design sent the wrong parts to repair it. The service person can’t seem to get an answer either. So I decided to go to the top. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I have a feeling your problems are mostly dealer related. Many times peeps have found (when contacting GD about dealer issues) that it is the dealer at fault. Just something to consider.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, got into a very long hold to try to speak to someone. Finally hit "2" and left a message about my issue, apparently I was to get a call back a day later. Nothing so far. I'll call them again next week.
    2020 Solitude 380FL with B&W Companion 20K hitch
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast