User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new Grand Design owners from Burnet Texas

Howdy Y’all
    We are Chip and Janette. We are new Grand Design owners from Burnet Texas. We’re new to the forum but not new to RVing. We have been rving for over 40 years and 11 years ago we retired early, me 52 and wife 50, and sold our 3 businesses in Conroe Texas and went full time. We pulled a 2011 Carriage Carri-lite 36 Max-1 all over the country and had the time of our lives. I was very active on the Carriage forum.
    We settled down and built a small home in Burnet Texas about 3 miles from Inks Lake State Park where we hosted many winters. We now own a 2021 260RD, Clara and pull it with our 2015 Ram 3500 DRW, Gus. They got their name from Lonesome Dove. We hope our new rig is as dependable as our Carriage. We pulled it from Mexico to Canada and everywhere in between with only minor problems.
    We built a covered rv port and have two full hookup 50 amp sites for guests to overnight in. We hope to meet up with some of you down the road.
    Chip

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea and setup. Welcome!
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome. I was beginning to wonder if this was a friendly forum or not before I would sponsor. We always took the time to welcome new members on some of the other forums that I'm on.
    Chip

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by falconhunter View Post
    Howdy Y’all
    We are Chip and Janette. We are new Grand Design owners from Burnet Texas. We’re new to the forum but not new to RVing. We have been rving for over 40 years and 11 years ago we retired early, me 52 and wife 50, and sold our 3 businesses in Conroe Texas and went full time. We pulled a 2011 Carriage Carri-lite 36 Max-1 all over the country and had the time of our lives. I was very active on the Carriage forum.
    We settled down and built a small home in Burnet Texas about 3 miles from Inks Lake State Park where we hosted many winters. We now own a 2021 260RD, Clara and pull it with our 2015 Ram 3500 DRW, Gus. They got their name from Lonesome Dove. We hope our new rig is as dependable as our Carriage. We pulled it from Mexico to Canada and everywhere in between with only minor problems.
    We built a covered rv port and have two full hookup 50 amp sites for guests to overnight in. We hope to meet up with some of you down the road.
    Chip
    Chip and Janette, welcome from another Texan. Currently we are in Bastrop, don't always read all the new posts. We had been adopted by Texas back in 2004 but are now full timers just hanging around Texas a little while. Great forum, great people!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel